Ultimate Subaru Message Board

99 Legacy GT getting 2004 Forester suspension.. Do i need the outback lift blocks?

xbeerd

I searched and coudlnt find the info i was looking for,   but do i need the outback body spacer blocks for this?

i have a rear strut partially in and it looks unpromising that without a good deal of muscle the upper bolt of the 2 on the knuckle will be bolting up. 

sounds like i just answered my own question?

anyways. would like to hear from anyone running this setup in their legacy gt

thanks!

i think i might make some body spacers or find some body spacers still tho to save a little on the bushings on the trailing arm and stuff.

i litterally gave it all i could give and couldnt get the bolt hole to line up to put the bolt in, would it have been better that i had the top end completely loose and bolt the bottom first?

my only concern is i found a little bit of a rust issue and dont want to potentially F up the cross member mount and have to weld a new one or something.  i gave a turn on the cross member bolts and heard a little crackling of rust in there, i dont know if it was necessarilyl in the area of the crossmember bolts or in just the outter layer of metal. (i assume theres an outter layer? similar to the loyales and stuff?)

could i just space down the trailing arm brackets with some blocks? 

no close JY's have a 96-99 outback(believe it or not).. and i dont know if i'll have time to drive 40 miles to the pick n pull

Body spacers, no

But, You may want to get Forrester/Outback trailing arm brackets though.  that will get rid of some of the binding in the rear suspension.

could i just space down the trailing arm brackets with some blocks? 

no close JY's have a 96-99 outback(believe it or not).. and i dont know if i'll have time to drive 40 miles to the pick n pull

Yes, bolt in some 1~2" blocks (1-1/4 is the drop on OB ones) under the brackets will work.

Forrester brackets work too......98-2008