Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Another lift kit question ATTN: PKDAVIS or any lift owner

Guest Tin Soldier

Guest Tin Soldier

I think I may have installed my lift incorrectly and need some answer.

My rear wheel look something like this /-o-\ Not quite as bad as that, but you can deffinitly tell that the top of the tires is in towards the body more then the bottom.

Does this mean that I installed the shock brackets wrong? I installed the horeshoe bracket with the legs pointed down.

Or could this be a symptom of really bad rear shocks?

On another note, the front wheels seem to be slightly in the oposite direction. Not as noticeable but \-o-/ (are my drawings confusing?)

This has me slightly about the rear because my tires are wearing badly on the insides. Has anyone else had this problem after lifting and putting bigger tires and wheels?

Guest uhohru

when installing the "horseshoes", the legs point down.

the horseshoe goes somethin like this:

note: the horseshoe is 5 peices

The 2 square peices face the inside of the fender.

theres a horizontal peice that connects the 2 square metal peices to the "legs"

just make sure the legs are pointed down and the 2 square parts are pointed toward the inside of the fender.

Guest Tin Soldier

Thanks I will check that. I think that's how they are. Are there some kind of adjustments that can be made to straighten the wheels out?

Guest SubaruJunkie

If your front struts are adjusted so they are at their highest, then you will have off-camber in the front... as you described. Check your front struts, and maybe lower them to fix the camber problem.

As for the rear, not sure what would cause that. I never had or heard of that problem. I would check to make sure the rear shocks are still good. My wagon has a completly different rear suspension than yours, so i cant be of much help.

-Brian

Guest pkdavis300

The EA82 lift kit shouldn't change any camber or height differences. It is 3 inches all around. Does the back end look lower than the front?.. or is the car level and the rear tires are cambered out only? The only culprit would be weak springs on the rear shocks, since they control the ride height and its camber. If the springs are weak, though, it should be both - lower and wrong camber.... hmm.

This wasn't previously an air ride suspension, was it? A picture would be worth a 1000 words here. r/PK

Guest Tin Soldier

well I check my mounts and they are right. I also looked at some pictures of my car before and after and before the lift the wheels where fine. After the back half of the lift the wheels were fine. After the front half of the lift the back wheels bowed in at the top. My struts are slightly worn, but not too bad. Would bad springs do that?

Guest uhohru

I remember having that funny camber thing or whatever it is.

Mine was nothing, an optical illusion... Had the alignment guy check it out, and he said it was weird, but nothing was wrong. I havent had any toe-in or toe-out problems either.

I put on my 30x9.00R15 tires, and the illusion went away.. :x

• 3 weeks later...