Ultimate Subaru Message Board

my 92 loyale build

92loyale59

• 4 weeks later...

blew up the front diff in the tranny friday morning on my way to work..... will post pictures when i take it apart . looked in the drain bolt hole and saw the ring gear with barley any teeth left on it . chunks of metal were on the drain bolt. also managed to break the cluth fork on the pivot point also so i used the one off my single range tranny . installed a new one on saturday at ssi and my buddy patrick helped and that made it not take long at all

• 4 weeks later...

so i blew upp another front diff in the tranny . this time i could limp it home but when i drained the fluid teeth from the ring gear fell out . does this happen to anyone else? could it be happening because the flywheel is not the step? any info would be appreciated. heading to pick n pull hope i have some luck finding and removing another one.

• 5 months later...

I never really figured out why the transmission kept blowing up but I've been running the same one for about 5,000 miles now and its fine.yes its a stock deranged transmission Fournier at 2 and I'm running in eJ 22 in it.haven't got to post anything about my cars lately even though I've done a lot like a bigger lift bigger tires in Oracle bumpers I just can't seem to get pictures to upload so I don't see the point of posting if I can't take good pictures