Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Size comparison - 02 Legacy GT vs. 13 Impreza

I am going thru thoughts of selling my 02 Legacy GT.  I've always wanted a GT and 3 years ago, I got one with 64K on it.  Well, now 3 years later, it has 150K and still running great, but I'm thinking of getting something with better gas mileage.  The only models I ever thought of getting was either a Legacy or Outback, but I've been told that the new 13 Impreza is as spacious on the interior as my 02 Legacy.  To me, that would be great as the gas mileage would blow my GT out of the water.  I'm not sure how much power the 2.0 engine has but my old 95 and 97 Legacy's had the 2.2, and they were okay with better milage than my GT.

So is the interior room of the new Impreza's really comparable to my GT?  I haven't had the chance to get to the dealer to check out any new cars yet, but for the price, that may be the way to go.

The new Imprezas are very roomy. The 14 Forester is even more-so. (Both get 30+ mpg)

They're deifinity worth a test drive at the very least. The 2.0 is peppy, and a lot of people say the new CVT makes better use of the 2.0 power than the manual trans does.

The base Forester still uses the 2.5 which does very well with the CVT at 32mpg.

You could go all out and get the XT 2.0 turbo, which is rated to get 28 highway, and go fast at the same time.

You can look up specs, prices, pictures, and everything else you can possibly want to know about new Subarus at Cars101.com.

Edited by Fairtax4me