Ultimate Subaru Message Board

money

Uberoo

Most defenitely Jeszek. I have thought very long about using that transmission in front of an Atlas t-case. But once again we reside in the "money" thread. That is the project I would work on if I had the money. The R& D for the trans-t-case adapter is into the 4 figure thousands. Then the T-case is about 5 g's. That does not even count building the transmission which his another few K.

I have thought about it more than I care to. LOL :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

revisiting this thread.  I stand by my earlier statement of something with more than 2 doors and maybe a subaru.  definitely something less prone to sheet metal rot  :)

and something that is not known for electrical issues  :)

• Like 1

My dream build will be more than 20 grand to do, won't be the most capable vehicle on the planet, but would kill most of the trails around here and be the coolest one on the trail.

And yeah Mick, I'd be doing a 4 door thing too.  pardon the pun.  lol

I'd combine this:

1974-vw-thing-green.jpg

With this:

2Sv-XVW.jpg

I'd swap in a Subaru motor.

And hopefully wind up with something like this:

volkswagen-type-181-thing-02-image-size-

My goals aren't quite as lofty as you guys. I'd personally love to have a Baja Turbo (or NA with a blower retrofitted) with about a 4-6 inch lift, dual range, and at least a rear LSD. That would be a rig that could do everything I want to do. It could scoot pretty good with the turbo, it could go all the places I wan't to go with the lift and gears, it could carry people with all the seating, and it could carry bikes or most anything else I'd want to carry like a fridge or something, in the back. My ultimate dream car would be the one below with an EE20 turbo diesel swap, and bedliner about half way up the sides, like if all of that exterior plastic cladding was done in black bedliner.

BAJA12.JPG

Edited by blk99obs
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I think I'd pick up a Loyale wagon and to an STI drivetrain swap with a twin turbo Leggy motor just to be a little different. And probably an old Subaru with D/R or a Jeep Cherokee to off road. No point in starting with a car in good shape. Then your afraid to use it and your one of those guys with 10" of lift and 44's but you don't even take your rig off a curb.

I think I'd pick up a Loyale wagon and to an STI drivetrain swap with a twin turbo Leggy motor just to be a little different. And probably an old Subaru with D/R or a Jeep Cherokee to off road. No point in starting with a car in good shape. Then your afraid to use it and your one of those guys with 10" of lift and 44's but you don't even take your rig off a curb.

Twin turbo doesn't work to well with the steering wheel on the left.So you would either have to settle for a single turbo or go full on "JDM" and put the steering wheel on the right,"with overnight parts from Japan".Carry on.

Twin turbo doesn't work to well with the steering wheel on the left.So you would either have to settle for a single turbo or go full on "JDM" and put the steering wheel on the right,"with overnight parts from Japan".Carry on.

Only if I get a sweet wrenching montage with Vin Diesel.

• 1 month later...

wow lot of cool of road subarus in this thread, its weird how all you guys on the west coast have these mud slinging forest racers.. not once have I ever seen anything as cool as these toys on the east coast.. 

Edited by Nico

• 2 weeks later...