Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Newbie to the board from South Carolina — Baja owner

I have owned a 2005 Baja (non Turbo) for 2 years and it now has 45,000 miles and I have been dealing with check engine light and rough idling.

Computer gives a code for idle air control—replaced it twice and still the same problems with computer giving the same code.

Any suggestions?????

Welcome to the USMB.

Did you replace the part with a new or used part?  Was it from Subaru or aftermarket?  If the part is not the problem, the wiring may be an issue.  What specific code came up?

I'm going to move this thread to the new gen forum as it will get more traffic there.

Check the wires and the connectors for resistance with an ohm meter and try to apply dio-electric grease to the connectors after cleaning them (if needed) The should be 0 ohms or really close to 0 through the connectors and wires (remember do this with the car off and no power flowing through the system!) 

I replaced idle air control with new subaru part twice. (had a hard time getting the second part from dealer, but I was just checking to see if the part was defective) irritates me because now I think I probably didn’t have to replace it the first time.

Can’t tell you the code as someone else was working on it. He told me it is still giving the same code for idle air.

I’ll try checking the wires

It actually runs fine some of the time and other times drops rpm to about 300, sometimes dies out when pushing clutch or in neutral coasting to a stop. It also has a hick-up at about 2500 rpm when starting off in 1st gear, sometimes a pretty hard hick-up

Any help is appreciated! I’m certainly no mechanic, but have to start learning out of necessity. I’m Broke

Thanks

I’ll have to get back to ya whether integrated or electronic.

Speed sensor would cause same problems?

And is the hick-up @ 2500 rpm in 1st gear related to the idle problems.

Only happens starting off in 1st.

Old dog here trying to learn a new trick.

Thanks

BA