Ultimate Subaru Message Board

distraction's

Tryinng to figur out placemennt and if i have room for the 20 gallon fuel tannk (was 15$ at the scrap yard ) winch 2x group 24 batterys and a back seat would like to find 4x subaru brat seats just need bare seat and 2 with just handles

post-47875-0-08877600-1399964845_thumb.jpg

post-47875-0-90815200-1399964882_thumb.jpg

post-47875-0-90914400-1399964911_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I like what your doing,  looks like something I would build, want to help where I can, on the rear spring set it up more vertical then try it out once all the weight is on the car, those rear axles are limited on there travel, work within there travel and you will be ok,  when do you plan to have it going?  any events or outings your trying to make?

Edited by Scott in Bellingham

• 2 weeks later...

Looks sweet! i would love to do something like this... just need alittle more experience with welding...

The welder i have sucks i wish i had money for a better one . Im looking at the bigest wire feed harbor frieght sells its better than my 500$ lincon for only 289$

its still just being tacked together for the mock up then it all comes apart gets final weld paint then back together for a finsh

The welder i have sucks i wish i had money for a better one . Im looking at the bigest wire feed harbor frieght sells its better than my 500$ lincon for only 289$

its still just being tacked together for the mock up then it all comes apart gets final weld paint then back together for a finsh

Save your money and sell your current Lincoln for a better one....or Miller, Hobart.......anyhting but harbor freight.

Harbor freight welder will break within a year of even moderate use........Cheap hoses will get punctured......wire feed jams....stops working.....and they are not repairable.......too much cheap china parts not interchangable with "industry standard" .......You will regret it.

prep prep prep. That welder will do fine if the welder behind it will take more time to learn how to manipulate the puddle. More heat , less speed until you get the hang of it. Just because it doesna have gas doesna mean it sucks. I Welded a codswallop ton of stuff with flux core before I got a bottle. I have a Lincoln promig 140 . Flux core is actually hotter wire than solid wire. Taking your time can really help.

If you really want to buy something from Harbor Freight , then I suggest a welding helmet that you don't have to fight. holding the lens type is really unhelpful. you need to be able to support your hand and get proper positioning , and movement.

cheers

Edited by monstaru
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Note the shock angle is to sloped so it was to soft moved the up today and it may be to stiff now the CV are to much angle but I'm going to run with it for now and spend another 150$ on shocks if must or move them back at the last second if I must