Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru Brat Loyale Front Clip ?

From what i know is an ea82 DL quad headlight uses the same bucket as an ea81. so therefore it may be possible to fit ea82 headlamps. I would imagine some sheetmetal work to retrofit marker lamps, andmaybe some mods to the edge of the hood to fit the headlamp profile.

• Like 1

From what i know is an ea82 DL quad headlight uses the same bucket as an ea81. so therefore it may be possible to fit ea82 headlamps. I would imagine some sheetmetal work to retrofit marker lamps, andmaybe some mods to the edge of the hood to fit the headlamp profile.

Thats what i was thinking, was wondering if anyone has done it.

Edited by SubaruJawn

well i figured like miles said the healights would mount, using the brats stock fenders and do some tin work for the side marker lights or if possible leave the stock brat sider markers in if they fit with headlights.

BratMan WHY???

becasue i personally like the Loyale Look Better. also its different

• Like 1

it would look great if you get a 3 door coupe, a wagon, and the the top of a brat with t-tops and rear sliding window then cut and splice it all together. so it would have a wagon body with the roof cut off besides the windshield pillars and a little bit extra so the ea82 windshield would fit in perfectly  and the brats roof would be welded onto it with modification since it has a different angle than the ea82 stlye. it would also have the coupes door jams and doors so it would be in proportion with the rest of the car then you would need to make a custom tailgate and figure out out how you would want to make the bed for example dimonde plate aluminum. plus the fact it would need the unibody re-enfored so rebar or tubing going throught he unibody and frame rails.

depends on how good of a welder the person doing it is and if they drill out all the spot welds to splice the stuff together or if they cut everything  out it needs to be in the right places. for example this 1st gen subaru 2 door hatchback made very well http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/139857-a-must-see-custom-made-78-subaru-2-door-hatch-back-out-of-a-4-door-wagon/