Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Outback or Forrester? Nav problems? eyesight?

So so so many questions, will buy either Outback or Forrester very soon

1. i read that the Forrester has a better ride, feel, etc., i drove both and maybe I agree but hard to know for sure, which drives smoother?

2. I read in Consumer Reports many folks complain about ease of use of Navigation, I am going to need to use it frequently, what is the problem?  I am used to the My sync ford nav which is voice activated and pretty easy to use

3. i will be getting eyesight as my ford has blind spot monitor and cruise control that will BOTH speed up and slow down based on traffic, does eyesight do that?

thanks, i will be buying within 5 days and will probably have to do dealer trade so I need to know what to do

The Outback is a little larger and longer car then the Forrester SUV, so the Outback rides imho a little smoother and has a less choppy ride of the two cars. If you are tall, you will notice that the OB has more front seat leg room then the Forrester. Just my 2 cents worth.

From what I've read about eyesight, it does adjust cruise control speed based on traffic. As for the nav, I believe it's just fussy with small buttons and a not so well laid out menu screen. Subaru doesn't believe in knowing where you're going, they're all about wandering the road less traveled. You might want to opt out of getting nav and just use something like a TomTom instead. How do you plan to use the car? If you'll be actually using it on rough trails, the Forester has x-mode and also better approach/deproach angles. I've sat in the new Outback and I'm 6'3", VERY roomy and comfortable.