Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Obvious post of the day (fuel Pressure)

so i've been trying to get my car to run since january, first it was waiting for parts and then it was getting the right parts and then i've just been trying to figure out what the heck went wrong. it turns out that subarus like more than .5 psi with a weber, the fuel flow is also critical, you need some. so now that i have the fuel pressure that i need she seems to be much more lively, i cant' wait to get her broken in and then figure out the last few kinks that are keeping her from being a real barn stormer.

I had one heck of a time getting the '82 to run after the Weber swap. Turned out that I needed a Fuel Pressure Regulator. Some others needed one, some didn't. Took me awhile to get the right setting on it, but I finally got it where the Weber was happy. Don't think the fuel pump is a stock unit, it be way noisy, 'specially when I put the loud pedal down. Rattles something fierce.

As soon as I get some new intake gaskets, the Weber and the EA-82 manifold will be going onto the '84. Hoping I don't have the same problems again.

I was using the disty signal on the ea-82 so i never had too much flow at idle or anything so i didn't need a regulator, but with the ea81 i had it hard wired and so it put out max flow even at idle, i think my first regulator was not putting out the flow i needed, so i'm gonna see if a little more break in and carb tuning will make her feel better, then i'm gonna need to upgrade the exhaust, the stock pipes arn't cutting it.