Ultimate Subaru Message Board

03 wrx swap more problems! lean/rich

Car is missing badly and I did a leak down test and all cylinders were great. cylinders 1&3 the plugs are totaly black rich, and 2&4 the ceramic is totally white, looks leaner than normal.

with the car running, if I remove the injector on 2 or 4,the car gains a noticable miss, like those are working properly, but 1 or 3 is a slight differance, so it's like those cylinders are doing kinda something, if I drive with 1or 3 disconnected, than the car is way less power, but either way the engine runs way rough and slow.

You need to fix all the little stuff before you worry about run ability. Not having the MAF, the front A/F sensor and a majority of the sensors hooked up, it will run just not very well.

Get that stuff taken care of and then worry about how its running. It currently doesn't know how much air is coming in, doesn't know how lean or rich the exhaust is and depending on what isn't hooked up, will cause the enginto run like poop.

Edited by Caboobaroo

ok so I got a code for the tgv sensor 1 low input. Im thinking that could cause possibly this issue since theres of course on sensor per pair of cylinders. It ran ok-ish before then, just limp mode of course from MAF, then runs HORRIBLE! withTGV and also a PVC code, those weren't there prior. I did a tgv delete, with the rods in it, so it "thinks" it's doing the right thing. The turning rod in the housing seemed pretty stiff to turn, so I'm gonna give it a checkin'.