Ultimate Subaru Message Board

4eat and ej22e swap to Loyale wagon 3at

MilesFox

There is a 90's loyale that turned up in my town that i may get for 800 bucks. I answered an ad about a 200 dollar 91 legacy to discover that they are the ones with the ea82 running around.

The legacy has rusted out suspension. So I am dreaming of the idea of swapping the whole ej and 4eat with the harness working together and stick it in the loyale. The loyale is 3at. 

Ideas and opinions, please.

Go Ahead and Do It!

I've seen a Loyale here with all the Legacy Running Gear (Engine & Transmission) retrofitted and becomes a Very Nice & Fast car, but I'm not sure how the Local Mechanic managed to do the Axles (an Hybrid Axle perhaps?).

Kind Regards.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo

I talked to these folks today. They don't want to sell the loyale right away until they get into another car, but i have the first chance to buy if and when they do sell.

But, we made a deal where i will fix the loyale, replace the axle, the oil pan, front bumper and grille for even exchange for the legacy. IF the legacy is fixable i will drive it for winter, otherwise if not, i'll part out the engine, trans, harness and save it for when the loyale comes into play.

But an ej 4eat loyale would be pretty sweet!

• Like 1

I talked to these folks today. They don't want to sell the loyale right away until they get into another car, but i have the first chance to buy if and when they do sell.

But, we made a deal where i will fix the loyale, replace the axle, the oil pan, front bumper and grille for even exchange for the legacy. IF the legacy is fixable i will drive it for winter, otherwise if not, i'll part out the engine, trans, harness and save it for when the loyale comes into play.

But an ej 4eat loyale would be pretty sweet!

I am just starting to work on this type of project now! I picked up the '92 Loyale. The 5 lug swap is under way along with a GL10 turbo front cross member. The EJ22T, matching 4EAT and VLSD are already here. I am still looking for the correct Loyale/GL 4EAT shifter with plastic along with the proper trans mount and auto cross member.  I just finished up the trailing arms for the rear tonight. I am using a set rear arms from an XT coupe for the rear sway bar mounts but I had to add the bump stop mushroom pads.   Can't wait to see yours if you get started with it!

Edited by Crazyeights

• 4 weeks later...

So i got an email today offering to sell me both cars for 1300. its a little more than previously offered, so i asssume that is the amount they need to get a different car.

! am about to sell my ambulance for 1500, so there is the money. plus the legacy of the daeal can be my winter car, as i now have a hub to repair it, and i wont have to part it off because i already parted out a 95 for its 4eat, harness, and i have an ej25d from a forester and a pair of ej22t heads to work with. Otherwise i can just run the ej25d stock for doing the head gaskets.

I suppose i can start trimming my harness down now:)

• Like 1