Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1998 Subaru Legacy GT-B Twin turbo wagon, any good?

G'Day Guys, here in Oz, our version of Craigslist is "Gumtree". I've recently become a Gumtree convert, and bought my $450.00 1995 FWD Liberty (Legacy) from Gumtree in July. I'm interested in buying an AWD Soobie, and this one came up a day or two ago, which I find interesting: 

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/camberwell/cars-vans-utes/subaru-legacy-gt-b-twin-turbo-wagon-wrx-sti-v8/1025768626

The seller texted me some pics of the interior and engine which don't look too bad, and I'm waiting on a reply as to which bearings need replacing, (I'm guessing Turbo, but I don't know for sure) do you guys know what goes wrong with these things?

The Legacy wasn't an official Subaru import into Australia, so I thought I'd throw this open to the wider Subaru community, I do my own mechanical work, so I'm interested to know what goes wrong, and what to look for? Cheers, Terry.

Thanks guys, I've emailed the seller to see if I can go and take a look this weekend, but haven't received a reply yet. I suspect that it's still a "Twin Turbo" with later model differentials installed, but I guess all will be revealed when I see it in the flesh. If it needs crank and conrod bearings it'll be a good warmup for my Honda Goldwing engine rebuild I'll be doing in a month or two........ Cheers, Terry.