Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Tacticool Lifted Impreza

fishy

Well I finally manned up and got my impreza lifted!

I've got a set of MEATY 215/70/15 snow tires on it now. I have enough clearance around the rear to not need the outback link brackets so I'm going to save those for a car that might pass another inspection instead of this poor thing. I also think I'll run it without the rear swaybar because my family completely dominates my time and it was almost all I could do to get just the struts swapped.

I painted the car with an HVLP gun and some slightly thinned hardware store rust paint. The colour didn't turn out quite as OD as it was supposed to but again I don't have time to re-do it all again so it's close enough.

Here's a picture for everyone's enjoyment/mockery:

Impreza_boss.jpg

Thanks to everyone around here for inspiring and educating me so I could tackle this myself!

Edited by fishy
  • Like 4

I love the colour .

We need to start a lifted impreza crew! ;)

got a name for you car? 

I don't really have a name for it yet... but one will probably evolve after I put the decal set and a few accessories on it... I'll toss another picture up whenever that gets done.

• 3 weeks later...

Just for a laugh I measured some spots under my lifted Impretzel:
11in clearance to the rear diff and 10.5in to the oilpan.

I realize that those aren't the lowest points under the car but they were easy to reach and easy to standardize upon if other people want to measure theirs to compare... because we all like a good measuring contest :P