Ultimate Subaru Message Board

81 GL Sedan ( Nikki )

thebr0wn0ne

This is my sedan :) what do ya think? i will more pictures up later today.... 
tumblr_mtoonacDSi1sw0ovdo1_500.jpg

This is nikki, shes a little rough around the edges but overall shes not too bad :)
tumblr_mtooogQ6IT1sw0ovdo1_500.jpg
A little surface rust never hurt anyone :D eat sleep shift
tumblr_mtoopmTQ5O1sw0ovdo1_500.jpg
Chocolate brown interior <3
tumblr_mtooqaEIRy1sw0ovdo1_500.jpg
More interior :)
tumblr_mtoor5napq1sw0ovdo1_500.jpg
Them carpets be lookin great :D
tumblr_mtoorxBDae1sw0ovdo1_500.jpg
Just broke 210K :) Shes still gettin warmed up
tumblr_mtootzGuM61sw0ovdo1_500.jpg
And here she is sitting at the gas station :) more photos of the engine bay and all that fun stuff will be posted later, i got some questions to go along with them :P 

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, it can have a lot of good character if you emphisize the character it already has being that color and 2wd. It's a early eighties micro (in today's standards) 4-door sedan that just oozes late 70's styling. I mean look at those tail lights. Late 70's Japanese cars get a lot of respect nowdays. 

AND, the single handedly best part about your car, is the interior!  you will never find parts for that color interior in better shape than what you have. It is in such nice condition! That color interior was only available in stage 1 cars from 1980-81, and it seemed that most of the plastic on the earlier 2nd-gen (80-84) Leone detererated much more quickly than the later productions.

Keep in mind that the antenna hole on the fender changed from the driver's side fender on 1980-82 cars to the passenger side fender on 83+ cars.

stage 1: 1980-81

1982 was kind of a inbetween model as far as sourcing parts (it had the new stage 2 interior colors but still had the cheeper old style low pile carpet, had blade type fuses instead of glass tube type, ect, ect. They lean more twords the stage 2 cars but there are a lot of parts that will still fit the stage1.    

stage 2: 1983-84  Brats-1987, Hatchbacks-1989

get some armor all or vinyl conditioner on the dash as soon as you can, and don't push really hard on the dash material or it will crack and/or split apart instantly.     For the inner door handle plastic trim, you can take fine grain steel wool basicly sand/polish off the top layer of plastic. use a some sort of liquid while you scrub them, like a little dish soap and warm water.  

(I have an 80 hatchback w/ the same color interior, so I got mad props for the tan/dk brown color combo)

I have that head light bezzel if you want it, PM me.