Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I need help! What is this part called.

I have a 1993 Subaru Loyale Front wheel drive. The rear spindle had a bearing failure and I had to cut it off, in the process the spindle itself was ruined. I now need the whole arm that the spindle is pressed into. this arm is also the bottom mount for the strut and it has a flat plate connecting it to the frame, as well as what looks like the main mounting location which is the frame.

To me it is shaped like a hockey stick turned sideways with a spindle stuck through it. I have been told that it is a trailing arm, a locating arm, a lower control arm, as well as a strut arm...

Please help me! I need to know what this part is called and where I can buy one, I desperately need this part to get the Soob back on the road..

rear control arm assembly with spindle must be 2wd but can fitt from 80 - 94 slight diff in size of bolts but thats all used arm is best way somone on here must have one sorry i do not 2wds are rare in canada

He needs a 85-94 from an EA82 vehichle.

The EA81 arms(80-84) will not fit CORRECTLY.

Worth noting, he could use a 4wd arm.....but would need to have a correct 4wd shock to match.  Wheel bearings would be more expensive and labor intense too.

Edited by Gloyale

I told OP there is for sure a fwd ea82t wagon and a fwd xt6 that I have had hands on, just need to verify that the arms are in good shape. Hopefully we can have him back on the road again soon.

This kind of comradery is why I love Subarus, and the USMB family.

FWD, xt6 huh?  can you say FWD 5 lug FT.............W?

Edited by Gloyale
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to update you guys and say that the part I got from Bratman worked perfectly, and he was an awesome guy to deal with.

I got the arm put on, and also decided to do my rear struts (they were worn out) while I was back there, and that was super easy! Didn't even need a spring compressor. The soob is back up and running like a champ now. Thanks everyone for the help, and a special thanks to Bratman for doing all that he did for me!!!

• Like 2