Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Oct 19 Soobtoberfest trip to Leavenworth

WHAT: Soobtoberfest trek to Leavenworth, WA.

WHEN: Saturday Oct 19.  Meetup between 8-8:30 am.  Wheels rolling at 8:30 am.

WHERE: Meet at Krispy Kreme Issaquah. 6210 East Lake Sammamish Pkwy SE, Issaquah, WA

Bring an FRS radio if you got em. channel 8.

octfest.jpg

What two things happen in October? Halloween and Oktoberfest of couse. We are combining them in our Soobtoberfest Trek. We will begin gathering at the Issaquah Krispy Kreme at 8 am. Get up early because departure time is 8:30am sharp. If the prospect of hot Krispy Kremes rolling off the assembly line won't get you out of bed in time to make it, nothing will.

From there we drive to the Liberty Orchard candy factory in Cashmere where they make the world famous Applets and Cotlets for a tour of the factory and some free samples.

From there we head just up the road to the town of Leavenworth, where Oktoberfest is in full swing. At 1pm the mayor of leavenworth ceremoniously "taps the keg" thereby signalling the resumption of the Oktoberfest festivities.

Make accomodations to stay overnight - especially if you will be drinking. Or return after touring the fest and sampling the local Bavarian themed shops and restaurants.

2013_Oktoberfest_logo%20resize.jpg

http://www.leavenworthoktoberfest.com/

kktoleavenworth.jpg

Edited by MR_Loyale

• 2 weeks later...

Hey folks, just got back from the pre-trip recon run. I kind of did the Cascade loop backwards. Started on Hwy 2 from Everett over Stevens Pass into Leavenworth. Drove back over Blewet Pass and then Snoqualmie Pass. The time from Issaquah to Leavenworth is about 1 hour and 50 minutes.

Since it was a Sunday, I thought it would be a good day to scope thiongs out to see what it might be like for next weekend's Soobtober-fest Trek.

Leavenworth has lots of Bavarian themed shops selling everything from Christmas ornaments to Hats of all shapes and sizes. Of course there are many "Haus" type eatery and adult beverage places to visit. A perfect setting for talking abot your mods current and planned and just hang out with fellow old gen enthusiasts. Everything is within walking distance of about 6 blocks at most. If you have ever wandered through Pike Place Market in Seattle with all the little shops in every nook and kranny, then you will understand what I mean when I say Leavenworth is like a Bavarian version of this. They also have a larger selection of food than just German. They even have food for vegetarians.

I got dinner at King Ludwig's Restaurant. They really play up the Bavarian theme with live music and a great selection of German cuisine. They offer something called a Schweinshax’n. It is a pork hock prepared in the Bavarian style. Apparently they are famous for this so who am I to question it? I got it and I can say for sure one person cannot finish this and I am pretty certain that even two people cannot finish one of these. A group of folks could probably each have a nice snack to go with their King Ludwig beer.

Haxe-new.jpg

So start getting your old Soob ready. Don't let it be a garage queen just because the leaves are turning.

Edited by MR_Loyale

Is anyone else interested in this?  Folks did express an interest in another thread, but so far no one has definetly said they are showing up. Please let me know if you are planning on coming along. If I don't get any responses I will presume no one is interested and skip meeting up at Krispy kreme and head straight up to Leavenworth.  Thanks.