Ultimate Subaru Message Board

SUBARU ff-1 chassis number(VIN)

Hello mates,

I am located in Greece and I am looking to find some SUBARU ff-1 ,here in Greece,as restoration project.
To be noted that the greek importer closed.
I have many years to see some ff-1 on the greek roads.
To find where is located some old one(via the  transportation ministry), I need to have the chassis number (VIN codes) of all ff-1s imported to Greece.
Feel free to let me know where to ask these infos and give me some email of the factory.
Best regards,
Kostas
Greece.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Kostas, one suggestion I have would be to search for a ff-1 parts catalogue. The front section lists the range of chassis numbers applicable to the catalogue. This may assist you but it will not give you specific numbers.

I do not think it would be possible for anyone to give you the chassis numbers of FF-1s sent/sold to Greece. I doubt Subaru Japan would have this information now. Is the original Greek importer still around? I still cannot imagine they would have kept any records from that time (if they are still in business). It would have all been paper records then!

Good luck in your search for an ff-1!

Edited by Leeroy

Hello mate,

Thank you for your interest.

I have got the 237 Haynes manual but I don't see VIN number somewere.

The greek importer of the 60s and 70s is out of business since the late 90s.

I know the difficulty of what I am looking for.

For these reason I need the help of someone who is knowing the email of the factory(european export dpt).

Best regards,

Kostas.

Greece.

It has to be a factory (Subaru) parts catalogue (not a service manual). Only these list chassis numbers.

Contacting Subaru Japan is not easy as they generally require you contact them in the country you live. For example I would contact Subaru Australia with my questions.

I did a quick search and it appears Subaru does have an email address for Japan. There is a inquiry form but it is in Japanese and to be used by people who reside in Japan:

http://www.subaru.jp/faq/inquiry/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...