Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Cars stolen

Sorry if this is the wrong section, mods, please move as necessary...

We currently had a bit of bad luck as 4 of our cars were hauled off of our property in Thronton, WA. We're guessing as scrap due to the pure junk status of one of them. And, as Thornton is in the middle of nowhere, they would have had to travel a bit to get off the radar. They disappeared around the 3rd or 4th of October.

They were a gen 1 wagon, gen 2 Brat, gen 3 wagon and XT6. The XT6, in particular, is rather special and missed.

Gen 3 wagon - no picture, but it's normal good shape, dark maroon with blue fender on driver's side

Gen 1 wagon - it's in even worse shape from other angles and the rear rocker panels are blue
ElGuapo.jpg
Brat - has a maroon tail gate and hard to see, in the picture, but is gold/bronze (ugly) and has those zebra panel things on the doors
BriggsBratleftsidesm.jpg
XT6 - doesn't have roof racks, but the rest is current minus more dirt
License plate: 108 ZDQ
VIN: JF1 AX9429 LG300010
P9190081.jpg
Edited by Psyko

Wow...that's crazy! 4 cars?

You could try getting Jalopnik on the case. They've recently been helping people recover a bunch of stolen vehicles as of late.

Here's the latest car they helped recover.

http://jalopnik.com/that-stolen-el-camino-has-been-found-1429493928

Jason Torchinsky is the dude that writes up the articles to help people out.

where they visible from the road? If not then an "inside job". The county/city can grab "junk" cars for code violations and such but a window sticker would have been placed first and probably a letter too.

I hope you reported it to the police the day they were taken. Have the VINs reported stolen. I think you have to have a title in hand before scrap yards and such will take them. Otherwise scrap metal thieves would be making out like bandits all the time.

Yeah, they're visible from the road, but in a small rural town that nobody drives through unless they live there or have some sort of connection. There is no other reason to visit and no way of really knowing it's there/stumbling on it.

No notice or reason. I was there Sunday and today's trip down discovered the latest victim.

(And you can actually scrap a car without title. Won't go into how, but it can be done.)

Gen 2 wagon - The famous Applewagon

PA110010.jpg

Im guessing your neighbors were tired of looking at them, but there not gonna tell you that........This is Brett with the Lime green Brat you flagged down in Spokane 4 years ago to take picture........Your were from Thorton....  Pop 200 Maybe?? Only one in the town with Subarus!

Actually, our neighbors have been helpful in giving what information they can. It's just that it was likely a trusted outsider/helper (we have a good lead now) that hauled them off and the neighbors can't always be around to be see/stop everything...

SuperBrat, that was probably my dad since I'm just getting back to the area after 9 years. Plus I recall him mentioning your Brat; he's not shy.

I agree with Rob, I'm a little dumbfounded at the fact that someone or some people just hauled off 4 of your cars ... Are they out to get ya for personal reasons ? Or do you think it's tweekers trying to make some quick scrap money !? Regardless, that's still not fair & it saddens me. if that were to happen to my cars I'd be going on a man hunt !!

that's why I got a fence around my lot. I got a couple lots out in the country. On one I have a couple junk cars stashed, keeping them for the rare diesel engines. But they are junk otherwise and by having the property fenced, even if it's just a few strands of barbbed wire, tells people "this ain't your's"

that's why I got a fence around my lot. I got a couple lots out in the country. On one I have a couple junk cars stashed, keeping them for the rare diesel engines. But they are junk otherwise and by having the property fenced, even if it's just a few strands of barbbed wire, tells people "this ain't your's"

Where I'm at, they steal the fence too

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

he was in jail when the cars were taken by the county i live just down the road next door to the sheriff.

wouldn't they still have needed to give him some sort of notice? Reciept?

Aslo curious why you would chose to comment on this now?  Psyko is a nice guy, Why the need to accuse that he's been in Jail 4 years after the fact?

Oh and are you the one who was stockpiling autozone "warranty" axles near pine city?  I remember someone was scamming autozone 'round there?

Edited by Gloyale