Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Racing Stripes and alternator upgrade

I have a primered black 1980 Brat, I took a roller and threw some white stripes on my hood.

Shouldn't this give me about an extra five horsepower.

It is a 1600 4 speed and I tell people to hang on as the horsepower will terrify them.

On a lighter note has anyone done an alternator upgrade on these first generation Brats.

That was funny. When I have the Heater Fan on my Wipers get real slow.

I have seen posts on upgrading the EA 81 Engines, but nothing on the EA 71.

I am also wanting to put My Hydrogen Generator on it and it will draw close to 30 amps itself. I want to prove to myself wether it works or not.

That was funny. When I have the Heater Fan on my Wipers get real slow.

I have seen posts on upgrading the EA 81 Engines, but nothing on the EA 71.

I am also wanting to put My Hydrogen Generator on it and it will draw close to 30 amps itself. I want to prove to myself wether it works or not.

It wont work worth a shite like that.hooking it to straight 12V is just gonna use alot of amps and heat the water.Instead drive it off something like a car amp,Ideally you want a pulse wave that starts out weak and gets stronger and repeats itself to break the surface tension of the the water to plates. something like _-=_-=_-=. It also would be a good idea to run the signal from the car amp through a transformer to step the voltage up as high as you can can get it from 12V. 120 or 200V pulsed current will produce nicely without too much amps.There will be loses of course but the power the amp and transformer use will be far less than 30 amps.

then you just have to adjust the carb lean just make sure you have something in place to tell you if the water gets low or otherwise stops producing.

Edited by Uberoo