Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Do aftermarket tanks exist?.. Found my tank has a bit of a leak and looks crusty so I don't know if a patch will hold for long, if at all. New OEM is $400 MSRP and used is $250-300 locally, but I don't know as I would spend $250 on a tank just as old as mine when the difference is only $150.. If there are any aftermarket tanks in the $300 range that would be better, but I have not found any aftermarket tanks.. This is for my '99 SUS and I don't know as I'm even going to go any further with the car. It just really needs too much, but I might because I do like the car.

Unfortunatly '95 Won't work. '99 is single inlet and does not use the 2 line filler neck like the '95-'98.. I don't know if '00- later will work either... Even at that,  things at work are winding up quick. I'm not going to have time to do a tank swap, being that the subframe and differential need to come out.. The local guy that I use when I'm short on time won't touch it.. I'm thinking that I can drop the tank just a little, and use a gas tank patch kit on the seam and see what happens.. I don't think the tanks is bad anywheres except right where it's split.