Ultimate Subaru Message Board

99 Impreza OB EJ22 - Exhaust question/s

So my original exhaust from the cat back has finally decided to fall off. I have already replaced the cat system a few years ago due to "state emissions". 

So I see a ton of exhaust options for ej25 like yrs 02-05 quite a bit cheaper but little for earlier models. There is the Borla 14885 running about 475.00 and then the Bosal 279-561/ 229-555. 

Can I get any other systems on to this 99 EJ22 ? It be nice to have something besides a pixie stick sticking out the back of the car. 

A direct bolt-up would be nice... figure some people on here would know this info.

If I got a 2004 Tranny in my car, shouldn't some other parts swap, like exhaust?

I had tried to install a wrx axle back on my 97 OBS and while the piping and everything fit under the car, the exhaust piping size was quite a bit larger and wasn't going to easily bolt up to the existing exhaust.  So that's one issue you may run into is exhaust piping size differences between the different motors.