Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Oldie, but newbie!

Hey folks, just a quick hello from yet another newbie around here. I found the place while looking for information on my car, of course, since I try to do as much (if not all) of my own maintenance and repairs. My super-short bio is that I'm a 36 year old single mom with a 3 year old son who is attending university to wrap up a bachelor's in nursing.

As for my car, I currently drive a 1994 Subaru Legacy L that was purchased (and owned by my mother) as a rebuilt salvage, then nearly totaled two times after that (again, by my mother). Eventually it passed to my brother, who didn't treat it too well (his wife ran it into a boulder, etc.), then was sold to me and it's still chugging along at 207,000 miles or so. Other than the first and last tragic kiss with the back end of a Cadillac Escalade in a parking lot on black ice... well, it's doing pretty good for an old girl. 

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow your 3 year old son sure is smart to be attending nursing school. Not nursery school ???

Just having fun. Welcome!!! Yeah first gen. Legacys rule for miles and fun per dollar.

Show the family up and take it to 300k

We'll be there to help.

Cheers!

Paul