Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I think a sedan 86 is a great idea! Small, light and Rwd. What's not to like?

It's not an Impreza though, the 86/BRZ architecture places the engine too low and too far back for that!

Despite that I really Like the Idea of a Subaru BRZ Saloon, I dislike the Idea that Toyota could start selling the Impreza WRX under the Toyota Badge, Because I saw Photos of the New (2014) impreza WRX prototype and it really looks to me that it is Based on the BRZ Chassis...

http://youtu.be/DMwRHpR_UHU

I've been looking at that there saloon the past week.

Still not quite sure how I feel about it.

-For one, can't wrap my brain around convertibles. (Flipping a car'll do that to you)

-Two, all that hearing "86" makes me think of is an AE86. -Different, in every way.

-Three, very BReeZy. Very, BReeZy.

Four, who knows what contractual partnerships have been made between Subaru and Toyota?

The day a WRX is badged by Toyota'll be the death of me.

In my opinion though, the WRX lost touch in '08.

'02 Bugeyes - Forever in my heart.

The BRZ/86 platform as it is currently cannot use AWD so there is no need to worry about a Toyota badged WRX.

Subaru is also unlikely to 'give' Toyota its flagship, 'hero' model. Also, while Subaru is on a sales 'wave' I doubt they will care what Toyota wants! After all, Toyota's shares are in Fuji Heavy Industries not Subaru.

Yeah I would love to see a rag top BRZ' but all hopes of there were dashed a few weeks ago when the president of Subaru, basically said....not in a million years! I was bummed...