Ultimate Subaru Message Board

You can find inexpensive injectors new ONLINE if you look for them. They also can typically have better fuel atomization which can be very beneficial to the overall operation of the engine and can be just as good quality.  "Siemens Deka" are an example. 

I can get used locally for next to nothing like pretty much anyone in the US can. I'll offer advice if I think it'll save somebody some money. If it was a carb with 256k miles, I'd say rebuild or replace depending on rarity and condition. With injectors that have THAT many miles, why throw away $88+ just to hear they'll need cleaned or rebuilt, or have one (or more) that can fail at any moment thereafter, which will add more $$$ to overall cost when it'd been cheaper to just have gone the other route to begin with? Not to mention injectors are NOT serviceable by normal mechanics. He'd be better off running kerosene through it in a stand-alone scenario (out of the car) and eyeing the pattern, googling a known "good" pattern, then going from there. Chances are he'll get scammed and handed back injectors with NOTHING done to them, or get pitched he'll need replacements or "repairs" to them where they'll go and get a junk yard set for $20, throw his away, and give him the bone yard injectors for an inflated price. No idea why you are calling me out on this, but come on.

So, aftermarket made in china injectors are more reputable than companies that offer flow testing and cleaning???  Come on...Why are you calling me out?? jk

But seriousy, any injectors I could buy new for less than testing.....I would not trust to be of the quality of O.E. 

Brand new O.E. injectors from subaru are around $100 bucks each last time I checked for that engine.

And it's not true that almost anyone can get next to nothing injectors.  And if you are so against "used" injectors that "can fail at any time" then why would you recommend running ones off a junkyard engine, with no clue as to their condition?  Untested?  That can't be a better option than testing and ultrasonic cleaning. 

You seem to be saying opposite things......What the heck is wrong with him testing his injectors?  I send out injectors for testing and cleaning all the time......any time I have to replace a valve in a head just to make sure it wasn't caused by a lean condition.  Mostly on turbo cars.

Do you have any proof that those kinda deals are even available to him for this engine?  I searched and came up with nothing for that application.

It'd be like $20 for used with a 1/4 of the mileage. They don't last forever and most likely are hurting performance and economy on some level. 

Where are you going to find a set of 90's EJ25 injectors with only 65K miles on them?  In a junkyard?  No way........That is something you could hope for and maybe if you scoured every yard all the time for weeks and weeks.......but not realistic advice to give someone.

And then if you did find a car with that low of miles.....the Junkyard isn't going to sell you just the injectors and if they did you they'd want $$$ cause they know 65K miles is REDICULOUSLY low mileage......they'll sell the whole engine for $500-1000.......

And that's here in the Northwest where you actually might find one cause there are MILLIONS of subaru's here.

In the rust belt and east coast there were not nearly as many and most of thoses cars are LONG gone.

So, aftermarket made in china injectors are more reputable than companies that offer flow testing and cleaning???  Come on...Why are you calling me out?? jk

But seriousy, any injectors I could buy new for less than testing.....I would not trust to be of the quality of O.E. 

Brand new O.E. injectors from subaru are around $100 bucks each last time I checked for that engine.

And it's not true that almost anyone can get next to nothing injectors.  And if you are so against "used" injectors that "can fail at any time" then why would you recommend running ones off a junkyard engine, with no clue as to their condition?  Untested?  That can't be a better option than testing and ultrasonic cleaning. 

You seem to be saying opposite things......What the heck is wrong with him testing his injectors?  I send out injectors for testing and cleaning all the time......any time I have to replace a valve in a head just to make sure it wasn't caused by a lean condition.  Mostly on turbo cars.

Do you have any proof that those kinda deals are even available to him for this engine?  I searched and came up with nothing for that application.

I think we've thread-jacked enough, so this is my final statement on this matter. I can get used injectors for $6.90 EACH. http://www.pullapart.com/parts/pricing.aspx?letter=&loc=25pricelist  (listed under "Fuel Injector") There are 4 Pull-A-Parts within a 35 mile radius of me. There are a plethora of Subaru passing through all 4 yards monthly. I often check mileage on the analogue clusters and they usually range from 90k to 170k on average (about half the mileage of 256k or possibly better if you are diligent). So for $30, I can get a set of 4 injectors (ej22 are more common here, but the ej25 are still plentiful if you look at Outback, Forester, etc.) pretty easily. More yards are turning up that bulk price everything (since scrap price is so high they make more from crushing) and don't care what it's from i.e. all 4 cyl. engines cost the same; all fenders cost the same, etc. So instead of spending $90 to just "test" injectors (which you can do at home with a little cleaner, a hose, and a battery yourself), for 1/3 of the price you can get used with a lot less mileage and still have money in your pocket.

I spent 30 seconds and found this: http://www.injectorwarehouse.com/injectors/subaru/mp4225.htm  That's about $55 EACH for Bostech Part # MP4225 after you give them a core worth $10. 

Here's the main link: http://www.injectorwarehouse.com/injectors/subaru/subarufuelinjectors.htm  Seems $55 is the going price for 1.8, 2.2, and 2.5L.

Edited by Bushwick

I think we've thread-jacked enough, so this is my final statement on this matter. I can get used injectors for $6.90 EACH. http://www.pullapart.com/parts/pricing.aspx?letter=&loc=25pricelist  (listed under "Fuel Injector") There are 4 Pull-A-Parts within a 35 mile radius of me. There are a plethora of Subaru passing through all 4 yards monthly. I often check mileage on the analogue clusters and they usually range from 90k to 170k on average (about half the mileage of 256k or possibly better if you are diligent). So for $30, I can get a set of 4 injectors (ej22 are more common here, but the ej25 are still plentiful if you look at Outback, Forester, etc.) pretty easily. More yards are turning up that bulk price everything (since scrap price is so high they make more from crushing) and don't care what it's from i.e. all 4 cyl. engines cost the same; all fenders cost the same, etc. So instead of spending $90 to just "test" injectors (which you can do at home with a little cleaner, a hose, and a battery yourself), for 1/3 of the price you can get used with a lot less mileage and still have money in your pocket.

I spent 30 seconds and found this: http://www.injectorwarehouse.com/injectors/subaru/mp4225.htm  That's about $55 EACH for Bostech Part # MP4225 after you give them a core worth $10. 

Here's the main link: http://www.injectorwarehouse.com/injectors/subaru/subarufuelinjectors.htm  Seems $55 is the going price for 1.8, 2.2, and 2.5L.

So those are higher prices for the new than you stated and higher mileage on the yard cars so your already backtracking..........but i digress.

The place I pay to clean and test injectors uses and ultrasonic cleaning machine and a precision calibirated computer measurement system that truly verifies sustained flow at a given rate for a period of time similar to real world use.  All for $18 per injector and supplied with new FI rated  O-rings sealed in little bags with a printout I can show the customer......Value added product big time.  Totally worth it.

You cannot beat that.......especially not at home with "cleaner and a battery".  WASTE OF TIME!!!!  It's so cheap and such a great service.....again........Why would you run used, unkown injectors from a car you don't even know if it ran or not..........instead of PROFESSIONALLY CLEANED AND TESTED???  To save $40 bucks???  There's better way's to spend both the time and the money.

I can just imagine telling my customers.......yeah.......I just tossed some junkers in there and said F_it...it's waaay better than cleaned and tested......I swear.......

They would run not walk from my shop. 

You do whatever you want to your car but that is bad advice there buddy and I will say it as long as you profess it to be good.

Edited by Gloyale

I haven't backtracked on anything and have no idea what you are talking about or what your problem is. You are also warping statements and clearly taking others out of context, along with making stuff up and pulling figures from thin air and trying to pass them off as if I've said them (I've never PM'd you either so don't even try that). You asked for "proof", I submitted said proof, and now you are becoming belligerent? (that's rhetorical, please don't bother me anymore and any future comments from you will be ignored)