Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brat Modifications

hello i was looking for some modifications i could do to my brat after i get it on the road as well as some tips and tricks, (i've heard you can use a brz radiator for it) as well as other things let me know all the mods short cuts and other model parts i can use

P.S my brat is a bit banged up so it will take some time

post-50388-0-43739900-1383956565_thumb.jpg

post-50388-0-24243900-1383956569_thumb.jpg

post-50388-0-67862000-1383956575_thumb.jpg

hello i was looking for some modifications i could do to my brat after i get it on the road as well as some tips and tricks, (i've heard you can use a brz radiator for it) as well as other things let me know all the mods short cuts and other model parts i can use

P.S my brat is a bit banged up so it will take some time.  

Don't tell me you bought the one from I-5 auto wrecking; looks just like it.  Any way as to mods, rear brake conversion is a must; virtually a drop in mod using parts from the turbo GLs of the same '80s vintage. Adding the 5x100 wheel adapters (posted in the vendors forum) looks like an easy way to expand the available options for wheel rims.  If you pull the rear disks off an XT6 you only need two of the wheel adapters.  I had built a cup holder for one of my early Brats and posted that somewhere on the USMB (maybe it's still there).

What is the brake mod? Is this a disc conversion?

Yes, it is a rear disk install to replace the drum brakes in the rear.  Only thing to remember is that the parts from the donor car must be 4x4 since the 2wd disk package has a different backing plate.