Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Fair price for an '86 GL Turbo Coupe?

$1300 is pretty fair for any running, driving car. HOW good of a deal it is relies upon how much you want it and how long you plan on keeping it..

And like any good story, the car itself will tell you everything you need to know... but the Subaru shop that did the work I'm sure did a fine job, but if it was the same shop that advised the owner to change the engine, when anyone who knows the EA82T knows it's just a simple headgasket job, not a new motor.

Eh, the engine could have just been rebuilt. The owner is one of those people that knows nothing other than what the mechanic tells them, she didn't even know what the air filter box was when my friend opened it up to check the filter. Anyway, I really like the car and hope to keep it as long as possible, so I don't mind the $1300 tag.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I just got home with it. Somehow it developed and idle issue between now and when I test drove it, my mechanic friend thinks it's the mass air flow sensor as it's also running a bit rich. I'll probably start a new thread on that if I need help...