Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brake rotor model question

I'm trying to buy some good new front rotors for my '88 GL 4WD.

RockAuto has ACDelco part no. 18A279A, which it says should fit all EA82 GL wagons... But I'd rather buy from somewhere with free shipping like Amazon.

That being said, Amazon has ACDelco part no. 18A279, which they say fits most EA82 GL wagons... EXCEPT for 1988. Is this really the case? From what I understand the brake and hub design didn't change from year to year and they should be compatible?

And should I be looking at another brand?

Advice would be greatly appreciated, since nothing sucks more than ordering the wrong part.

Links: http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-18A279-Rotor-Assembly/dp/B000C9HBBK

I really like Centric brake rotors. They are very high quality and I've never had a problem with them. I have had problems with other brands being warped straight out of the box. Cheap rotors also warp easier in general use due to poor quality iron and poor manufacturing processes that leave internal stresses in the parts.

I can't speak directly as to whether ACDelco rotors are any good or not.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Well, I ordered some Centrix rotors from JCWhitney but they didn't seem to fit correctly. I put them on, but the depth of the part that slides on to the axle was too deep and the rotors touched the backing plate. I put my old rotors back on for now, but does anybody have a part number for a set that fits the front of an 88 GL?

The ones I ordered were JCWhitney part # CE121.47002.

BRAT / EA81 rotors post about 1984 starting with the vented ones about 16mm ? thick have a 230mm dia, EA82 have a 242mm dia same thick

Hat heights are what the trade measures , sit disc on flat like a hat, measure height and ask supplier....

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...