it's km and age. It was droven in the north for a while so no salt only sand
that's why! The interior is MINT MINT in grey leather! So back home, I had to
pass a governemental inspection that I kney some of the problems like the
exhaust and cv joints. But when the motor is hot, very hot it is ok  
 but cold it has piston slap or valve knocking.. poor ea82 :( and i forgot
head gasket..  post-41160-0-03769400-1384468395_thumb.jpg

Sorry i dont have lots of pics.. :S

Forgot to mention 5speed with the awd push button :D

Sowith all these adventures, i decide to go with an ej22 swap. Lots of guys out here have done it so..!!

for the moment I have the motor, dash, exhaust removed.

post-41160-0-67562300-1384469033_thumb.jpg

post-41160-0-87976400-1384469061_thumb.jpg

post-41160-0-00471100-1384469247_thumb.jpg

post-41160-0-48275900-1384469451_thumb.jpg

the exhaust -- the muffler all rusty and perforated!

post-41160-0-27392600-1384469426_thumb.jpg

So for the moment I'm currently searching for a ej22. For the swap I'll buy an adapter plate and I have someone who will make my wiring! :)  I'll also go with and xt6 pressure plate.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The project now starts! I bought a 2003 Subaru Legacy EJ25 ( in 3 months i didn't found any 2.2 with low mileage or if yes like 3000$...)  That has 185000km but every gasket, seal is new, new timing belt, water pump, battery,....   the car is in good shape though. He rebuitlt it and the tranny broke up 2 months after..   so I get it for 1000$ and he tows it to my garage!

post-41160-0-08029700-1387301272_thumb.jpg

post-41160-0-65484100-1387301281_thumb.jpg

Edited by AxL_Project

• 3 weeks later...

Got the motor and the wiring out of the subary Legacy. Gonna ship it and I'm waiting news for the adapter plate who's gonna arrive next Monday!! :D  , so I have nothing to do with the Legacy for the moment! Maybe later I'll try to fit the keyless entry system with the electric door mecanism for the driver and passenger side! But for now I start working on the Loyale by changing the front axle and a little rust job on the front fenders!

I was surprise when I realize that the ECU were under the passenger seat!!

post-41160-0-19034900-1389107181_thumb.jpg

post-41160-0-34258100-1389107243_thumb.jpg

Makin a little fun on Christmas day!

post-41160-0-88559800-1389107267_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I was reading Numbchux ¨Ej swap bible¨ but I can't understand when he says: 6. The EA radiator is plenty to cool a non-turbo EJ motor. Maybe because I'm french..  :(   so it will be enough or to big? I was thinking about a connected slim fan(winter) and during summer a switch in the car for a second slim fan?! I'd like help on this please!!

• 2 weeks later...

I did a little bodywork on the loyale. I trim a nice metal piece to do the front fenders and between the door and the wheel! I used to put wood glue on the metal sheet and screw it to the body ( my dad did that to his old truck and the result was great) when dry remove screw and did a bit of touch up. It is a temporary repair just to pass the government inspection, I should buy new fenders and front valence this summer!

post-41160-0-47742700-1390758982_thumb.jpgpost-41160-0-90915100-1390758995_thumb.jpgpost-41160-0-78322100-1390759005_thumb.jpg

Finally put the engine in!!  :D Put the new flywheel, xt6 clutch and pressure plate!

post-41160-0-52905200-1392689746_thumb.jpg

The engine mounts were already screwed to the motor and in the position they are, we had to let them on the motor. So I raise the transmition with a jack, bolt up the engine and release everything slowly!! The engine mounts fits perfectly on the subframe ( I wasn't sure)

post-41160-0-37530100-1392689801_thumb.jpg

Soon I should receive the wiring but by this time, I'll begin connect the motor with everything it needs!

It is going well for the moment! :D

post-41160-0-78201000-1392689813_thumb.jpg

Edited by AxL_Project

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yeah small issues but have to order the parts so it makes the project longer!!  :mellow:

Did the oil pan without too much difficulty! (it was my fists one)  The guy before put the gasket AND the red silicone...  :o

Now everything is plugged ( power steering, gas line, coolant line, ..)  and put the new radiator in! The body is also almost done!!

Pics coming soon! 

• Like 1

For temporary work, I find it a great job!post-41160-0-86801900-1395160774_thumb.jpg

Also complete the engine bay with the intake, It makes a clean job even if lots of unused wirings are free in the engine bay!!

post-41160-0-93727500-1395160971_thumb.jpg

I did the pitchstopper too but my uncle did not have time to weld it for me for the moment!

post-41160-0-87091700-1395161127_thumb.jpg

Someone on the forum trim my wiring to the engine but I can't understand how the f*** how I have to plug free wirings... the electrical part of a car is not mine..!! So on monday March 24, the Loyale is going to a Subaru performance mechanic who will finish the jobb!! It is gonne be platted soon after!!  :D

The exhaust for the Loyale makes me hesitate. My friend is suppose to make the 2.5 exhaust fits the Loyale. I tried it for fun and it fits perfectly for the middle-front of the car so only small modifications for the rear. But I was thinking about UEL headers. The front fits so it easy to install the rest, less work, but I think the UEL headers for a subaru worth it? let me know your opinion! post-41160-0-47758900-1395161879_thumb.jpg

Anyone did it on a EA to EJ swap (space restriction) ?!

We installed the exhaust yesturday! The Legacy's muffler did not fit the loyale because it was WAYY too big and my Loyale one was perforated so I went to buy one! find a great deal on this exhaust. A little ricer but I knew it would be hiden behind wheel and it only cost me 20$ so I had no other choice than buy it! post-41160-0-43569500-1395336274_thumb.png

2 1/2 inlet and 4 1/2 outlet but my friend did not have 4 1/2 inch pipe to finish the exhaust line so we reduce the outlet and put a 4 inch pipe from a dodge ram!! 

post-41160-0-69858200-1395336370_thumb.jpgpost-41160-0-57375700-1395336387_thumb.jpg

The sad thing: 1- No UEL headers for the moment :(

2- For an offroad car, I do not LIKE the idea that the exhaust line is under the floor level (I think the ea line were into the floor next to the 4wd shaft ) But the resonators are too big to put the line upper.. :/ we'll see in the futur if I ever remove those res!! 

post-41160-0-58974200-1395336526_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

IT'S ALIVEEEE!!!!!!  :banana:  :clap:

Only two things to do that the mechanic guy told me:

-put chek valves on the fuel line because when it's a cold start, the pump has to send the fuel through the complete lines(Loyale  had two but I removed them..)

-Put my Loyale oil pressure sensor because it can read oil pressure and the legacy one is made to show up a light

I can put the dash back this week and finish small things on ( paint wheels,...!!!)

Let me know what you do with the oil pressure situation, i've heard you can do a series of different fittings so you can make the loyale sender/gauge work properly in the car. I wanted to do an aftermarket one but haven't done much about it.

Let me know what you do with the oil pressure situation, i've heard you can do a series of different fittings so you can make the loyale sender/gauge work properly in the car. I wanted to do an aftermarket one but haven't done much about it.

I was thinking at first of screwing the unit into a larger ¨bolt¨ that would fit in the motor's hole but I will chek first if I can resolve this problem by the electric system first, I'll let you know!

• Like 1

I complete the dash installation but some work still have to be done :

- hazard switch doesn't stay on

- Lighter plug don't have electricity

- Driver's side door sensor are not working( I'll chek grounds tomorrow)

-Speedometer doesn't work  :o I'll call back my electric mechanic tomorrow to see what he thinks

Also the two chekvalves in the engine bay did not resolve the gas problem, I'll try with one near the gas tank tomorrow!

That's it for today!

• 2 weeks later...

Finally an update!

I put a little metal spindle into the hazard switch so it can stay on

The speed sensor was badly connected.. -_-

The door is not my priority ight now and my cigarette lighter will work soon!

I had bigger problems to solve: I drove the Loyale during a day to bring it to the inspection. Very nice ride! But on the rainy night, I took it to my friend's home to make a little weld on the exhaust but the car started to buck. Put on neutral then engage speed and it was fine. It did it again. I did the same and it was ok. Further, I turned in a little street and my car just turn off and I wasn't able to start it again! We cheked and fire was good, everything but the fuel pump wasn't working anymore (only if we put an electric courrent on) So I bring it to he guy that plug the wiring and he told me that my computer just broke up... Few day after, it did the same but I could bring it to my mechanic and he test drive it. He makes a conclusion that in a constant speed, the fuel pump isn't enough powerful to supply the (new) fuel filter and by this big amount of electric current that the fuel pump needed, it broke he ECU.

I thought I could keep my old fuel pump because I was not carburated, but I have to change it! 

So for now, the car is still not plated  :angry: but soon..

• 9 months later...

I'm currently driving it! LOTS of fun in the snow!!! 

So the ECU broke twice and it was finally the wiring on the alternator who were at the wrong place.. 

Ordered a new fuel pump cause mine was noisy and in cold days had difficulty to fill my motor!

Put some fog lights on the front. Looks very nice and is by far helping for the night vision!

post-41160-0-36107600-1422287639_thumb.gif

Still 1 thing go wrong(to me): when the car is cold, the idle is at 1500 and hot 600rpm. But when cold, during my shifts, it goes up to 3000rpm... so it becomes a challenge to shift correctly..  So I drive to a stop sign and my engine goes 3000rpm for a few , I am completely stopped and a few seconds later it goes back to 1500rpm.. for a short distance to go from my house it becomes very unpleasant to drive.. do you have any idea? about the wiring or anything.. the idle control valve is OK we cheked it..