Ultimate Subaru Message Board

new lift kit!

So on this coming Tuesday I should be ordering my 2" lift kit from Subaru gl lift, does anyone have any side pictures with the 13" rims still on it? I won't have the money for the larger rims and tires for a few months and wondering if it will look goofy or OK with out bigger tires. And with the the 2" lift what's the biggest tires I can put under it. Also with out getting pug rims what what 6 bolt rims do I drill out and use?

Edited by drake13

This is not necessarily true. Undo the inner boot clamps and you'll be fine.

he is right its not necessary but with my experince on two different cars both with the same 2 inch lift my axles would hit my x member right on where the inner control arm mounts . it would also tear boots resulting in a axle going out. the axle would last over a month easily with daily driving but with my driving it seemed like every time i would go wheeling they would break. On top of that my car also seemed to lift quiet a bit in the front when i would accelerate and created terrible camber wear .  when i lowered the tranny and engine x member it all went away . . just my opinion

he is right its not necessary but with my experince on two different cars both with the same 2 inch lift my axles would hit my x member right on where the inner control arm mounts . it would also tear boots resulting in a axle going out. the axle would last over a month easily with daily driving but with my driving it seemed like every time i would go wheeling they would break. On top of that my car also seemed to lift quiet a bit in the front when i would accelerate and created terrible camber wear .  when i lowered the tranny and engine x member it all went away . . just my opinion

I've heard of this stuff a few times. I have had 3 with a 2" lift and never had an issue. Guess I just got lucky.