Ultimate Subaru Message Board

insperation moves me brightly

ferp420

• 10 months later...

thatsaskingwaytoomuchwhywouldhewantpunctuationthinkyoureluckyifyougetawordthatisntmisspelledjustbegratefulyouevengetaspacebetweenwordsotherwiseitcouldbelikethispost

:D

And what might be wrong with this sentence?

I got  every word.

Ha! That devolved quickly. Punctuation aside...

1. Nice sidewall plug.

2. I hope you're not driving that tire on-road. Or at least not at speed of more than about 30 mph. I know folks have done sidewall plugs and patches in a pinch but over time or at highway speeds, that's a ticking time bomb.

Any other progress on this build?

Out side of cutting in the leds in to the bummper nothing changed ive done a bunch of custom engine work porting pollishing shaving bla bla blas that little ea82 is pulling strong you like my side wall patch huh its still on the car for more than 2 years i run about 80 on the freeway it is on the back of the car now i dont think its even leagle but i know for sure its not weak the plugs all 3 are as strong as the rest of the tire what you cant see is the other 3 or 4 holes in the side wall that are sealed with fix a flat my first job in the automotive world was in at a goodyear tire store way back when want to talk about crazy spoob we did there one time we rebuilt a side wall of a tire it had a 4 inch hole in the sidewall from a pipe it looked fine and lasted as long as the other tires did ballenced out to ive personaly done crazy tire spoob like mounting racing slicks on my wheeler just for fun at one point in time i had 235/60/14 on front with 33/12.50/15 on the back on a ford ranger wheeler just because i could im not afraid of tire plugs used right they never fail even with a 1 inch gash in the side wall i know a tire store cant sell a tire with a plug in it because most people dont understand how they work or how to use them properly and because of that alot of plugs fail i have new tires but im finnishing these off there almost bald now and after 2 years of wheelin towing boats and cars over loading jumpin high speed runs through the santa cruz mountains long highway trips at over 80mph even trough long turns while overloaded after 2 years of abuse i havent even put air in that tire exsept after leting it out to go wheelin the plugs in that tire arent going anywere but hey ive been installing tire plugs for over 25 years now with not one failure thats got to be worth somethin ill update the bumper pics with the lights installed asap

• Like 1

That winch is heavy its as heavy as the engine its self but i have the progresive ac delco tempo springs so when the winch is on it rides in the stiffer spring rate but with the winch off it rides in the softer spring so it still rides good with the winch on or off however the front wants to wash out when hitting the corners to fast but hay thats one of the reasons its removable i dont have any more plans for the car as far as mods i might ej its some day but the ea82 seems strong enuff it is my daily driver weekend warrior and im loving it as it is for now i have a new subi project im slowly tinkering with that will pick up where this one left off