Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Citizen clock - very cool

Not young here. :)

Along these lines ... Ever notice that maybe your old car is the only one in a parking lot full of vehicles that still has an antenae?

Roof racks also on decline.

And that's my '92 I'm talking about , not just the '78.

Sweep hand , old school cool ! Kiss my !!!

Cheers

That is Funny Great Fisherman.

Psychotic, I was not trying to be rude, I just found it funny as these were so common.

I had this Idiot tell me I was buying fancy cars.

My Son started Laughing and said; Dad your Brat is one step up from a Beater. 

I felt that was a compliment as I considered My Brat to be a Beater.

800 dollars and Ugly as Sin. Put the Drivers seat out of one of my spare Brats on Friday into my driver, now my back is not Killing Me driving to work every day.

No sweat , just having fun Cheers !

Old school rules.

Wayne , real name is Paul. Board name - moosens. But calling me psychotic kind of works too .... :D

I should have an extra sweephand clock when I dig out that special box .... should anyone need one.

Edited by moosens

• 4 weeks later...

No sweat , just having fun Cheers !

Old school rules.

Wayne , real name is Paul. Board name - moosens. But calling me psychotic kind of works too .... :D

I should have an extra sweephand clock when I dig out that special box .... should anyone need one.

Ya got a price in mind, Moosens?

I might be interested, especially is it says CITIZEN on it.

I think I'd like to find another dash as well, this one it too perfect for me to hack up and if I had one that was less than stellar, I could mount up a cassette player as well.

(yeah, I said cassette...My recording studio is digital, but all my instruments are acoustic...go figure)

Of course I'm still needin' an engine.

(all my leads seem to have stalled out on me)

Anyone have a spare runnable EA71 (circa 1977,/78)?

I finally sorted out the paperwork so I can put some time and effort into it without having the nephew of the previous owner breathing down my neck (he was pissed when I got the car instead of him)

Public notice...Attorneys can be a pain in the rump roast...

Shakespeare had it right when he said "First thing, Let's kill all the Lawyers"

Ahh, isn't English literature enlightening?

Seriously, Moosens, the clock...I desire one...

(there could be a beer in it for ya!)

Twistedly,

Timothy

I'm now able to get to things much easier now since my battle with storage on Saturday. I had in my hands a 76 GF dashboard with a clock. Should have one or two loose somewhere in a box as well.

Thinking now the ones that say Citizen on them are later not earlier 70's

I'll get digging today and in the coming weeks.

Anything else while I'm sifting?

is 1977 considered "Later"?

I'm assuming that the wiring is there to connect to and its just lying behind the dash awaiting something useful to do.

the console/dash part is not critical, and a "loose" clock would be acceptable.

(I just will forgo the install of an aftermarket radio as I hatehatehate to hack up a dash, or any other part of a vehicle)

While you are on the sift, I'm going to need a driver side (for the US, so thats a LEFT) Front door panel, Black Vinyl as was found in the 1977 DL Wagon.

ALSO any chance on a passenger side mirror? or how about some correct fender mount mirrors?

Thanks for diggysifting.

77 is both :)

Stage 1 1977 here is like the previous run. Stage 2 is late 77 thru 79.

But what I'm thinking about early and late is that the 72-75 era had slightly different clocks and radios too. No biggie.

I should have a black panel for you from a 75 4wd wagon which has a fancy design.

Can you please send or post a pic of exactly which type you have? I also have 1979 panels in black but might change my interior over to that color. Was going to see how it looks come springtime.

• 3 months later...

Ok, Sorry for the delay,

I was house sitting way up the bitterroot and wasn't anywhere near to home to get any photos.

set and stable now and here is what I have.

Console center
post-47639-0-13975700-1398197965_thumb.jpg

Door Panel

post-47639-0-17337200-1398198163_thumb.jpg

Also in a negotiation to purchase a musician friends 1988 Subaru Wagon, (one that RUNS!)

so at least I can have a wagon on the road (trail) sooner rather than later.

Finally...progress!

Thanks Moosens.

Respectfully,

Timothy

(yeah, I said cassette...My recording studio is digital, but all my instruments are acoustic...go figure)

Shakespeare had it right when he said "First thing, Let's kill all the Lawyers"

Ahh, isn't English literature enlightening?

Ah the digital age!  Now I have to spend all my hard earned cash on a decent Digital analogue converter!  I'm just about old enough to remember what vinyl looks like but I am seriously considering starting a collection.

Shakespeare? The guy ruined my childhood!  Dammit.  He gets drunk in some pub in London and writes a couple of pearls on the back of a cigarette packet and for ever after school children around the world are forced to dissect the concept of 'pathetic fallacy'.......Tosser!

Nice clock by the way.

Dirk

Edited by Dirk