Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1985 Subaru Brat Roll Bar

I recently acquired a 1985 Subaru Brat. I want to install the rear jump seats which I have but I'd rather not put anyone in them without having a roll bar. I don't know everything about Brats. Does a 1985 4 speed manual even comes factory with a roll bar? I was wondering if anyone has one or how/where to get it made. I'd rather it be original if it had one but when ever I search any for sale sites there is never a roll bar for a Brat. 

Edited by golucky66

look at my thread link below for pictures of where the roll bar mounts. Mine is from a 1st gen that was cut down to fit because the roll bars for brats are very hard to find no matter what generation. Your going to have to find a fabrication shop that does tubing work or find a roll bar for a small truck like a ford ranger and cut it down to fit. Also any second generation brat will have the same roll bar besides whether its the high or low style.

I was looking at your pictures, I see it can tell it attaches to the wheel well. So I'm also assuming it attaches somewhere is the corners near the cab.

But after looking at my truck it doesn't even appear that a roll bar can attach anywhere default from factory.