Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New member - from Down Under

G'day all,

Just joined and thought I would introduce myself.

A keen Subaru enthusiast, however am Subaru-less at present. Have owned three, my favorite being the 1986 RX Turbo L series sedan. We are planning on purchasing a Forester XT in the next 6 months. I'm not sure if you use the same model names. The XT is what the Turbo model is called here in Aust.

At present own a Mitsubishi Pajero GLS and Mitsubishi Galant V6. Both great vehicles, but would really love to get back into a Subaru. Living in the Top End of Aust was the deciding factor on purchasing the big 4WD, however with a move back down south to either Brisbane or Canberra early next year and the possibility of baby #2, we feel we wont need the larger 4WD.

The Subaru fraternity in Aust is quite strong and you find many of them would not consider owning anything else. This brand has a very good reputation here, which many of the other Asian manufactureres are envious of.

Over here, the Ultra Light Aircraft owners mostly use Subaru power plants in their air-frames, which helps illustrate the trust in their reliability.

Anyway, I hope to be a regular visitor and hopefully gain some great info from this site.

Kindest regards,

Willie.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome! Great board here, you'll like it. Lots of good people with great ideas and experience.

The Buggy I built is a Rhino from down under, the guys down there are nuts for Subies!

If you get a chance throw a Forester dual range tranny in the mail for me some time:D Subaru only sells a single range transmission up here.:mad:

Glenn,

82 Hatch, now a Rhino Buggy

01 Forester, 5 speed single range tranny

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hey there. You could also check out www.ausubaru.com, although we're undergoing some severe technical difficulties at present . . .

If you come to Canberra I'm nearby. We're arranging a NSW/ACT meet for late November if you're interested. If you don't have a Suby you can ride with one of us!

No Mitsubishis allowed though.