Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Before and After Pictures: 1985 Wagon(dialup warning)

This is how I bought the car. (ScotTMs head)

1985_wagon_028.jpg

1985_wagon_026.jpg

A couple pictures after a few days of working on it.

dirty_dirt_waxed_and_exhaust_006.jpg

dirty_dirt_waxed_003.jpg

Engine after

dirty_dirt_waxed_and_exhaust_001.jpg

I've also done the exhaust with 2" from the heads to the catalytic converter and 2 1/4" out the back with a low flow muffler. 88 Turbo discs in the rear with 88 turbo rear springs and shocks. I have all of the trim pieces with exception of the passengers front door. (anyone?)

Hoping this car will be a good replacement for the 85 Hatch.

Going to mount a rear swaybar this weekend off of an 87 RX. Have the tubing for fabrication of the bumpers and the roof rack laying in the shop. Now if I could just find some time.

Comments, good or bad, are welcome.

Regards,

Jay

Paid 250.00 and it cost 45.00 to have it towed up the mountain to my house.(Allstate reimburses towing)

This is the LOW BUCK mobile. I'm hoping to not spend but the bare minimum to get it up to snuff.

So far I've put about 40.00 into it for wires and plugs and tune-up parts.( NGK, Refuse to scrimp there)

Most of the big parts, tires and wheels, Weber, and Blaster coil, I robbed from the hatch that I was

autocrossing and Rallycrossing in the past. The brakes, springs and shocks are from a turbo wagon

I have for a parts car.

I was pleasantly surprised that it cleaned up as nice as it did. Thought about

stripping the trim, but I believe the front fenders use clips to hold the trim on,

so there would be holes in the front fenders.

Looking at keeping the center of gravity LOW right now. Don't do any off roading but lots of gravel,

fire road and dirt road thrashing so a lift is not in the immediate future. They do look good lifted with

27's on them though.

Maybe later on.

Thanks for the comments,

Jay

BTW, If anyone is looking for a 85 Hatch with 196K, rear 20mm swaybar, disc brakes, XT seats,

small deer dent on LF and a bit of rust, I've got one that needs a carb (Weber adapter still on it)

to drive anywhere. 375.00

85_GL_hatch_death1_012.jpg