Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Did old BRAT's come with two mirrors? I thought they only came with the driver's side. Unless you paired up a driver's mirror from an MV or something...

I dont even know. All of my searching leaves me with more questions. Half the pictures I see of gen 1 brats have 2 mirrors, and half the pictures I see the gen 1 brats have 0 mirrors. I really have no idea.

Pre-79 you normally got one. I've seen a few where the owners insist it always had two so maybe as an option you could get the passenger side - pre 1979.

In 79 they definitely outfitted many Brats and 4WD Wagons with the passenger side mirror. I think in some states it became mandatory around that year.

Danny W. - drivesubies - should have those new whenever he gets around to digging them out.  I have maybe one or two new in my stash but those are way buried right now and one goes to my wagon. If Danny can't come through just be patient and watch eBay.

Pre-79 you normally got one. I've seen a few where the owners insist it always had two so maybe as an option you could get the passenger side - pre 1979.

In 79 they definitely outfitted many Brats and 4WD Wagons with the passenger side mirror. I think in some states it became mandatory around that year.

Danny W. - drivesubies - should have those new whenever he gets around to digging them out.  I have maybe one or two new in my stash but those are way buried right now and one goes to my wagon. If Danny can't come through just be patient and watch eBay.

Thank you for the reply, I bet you are right that they came with one on the drivers side. On my car it looks like the holes are factory on the drivers door but whoever installed the passenger side did a pretty weak job. I've been looking for the last couple of weeks but so far I haven't found anything. Not even 1. I did a member search for Danny W. but didn't find anyone with that name.

:)

notice how I put "drivesubies" next to his name.....try that. ;)

He's on eBay as "dannybreadman"

Edited by moosens

:)

notice how I put "drivesubies" next to his name.....try that. ;)

He's on eBay as "dannybreadman"

Haha, that makes more sense. I was able to find him and sent him a PM. Hopefully he gets back to me...