Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Full EA71 Rebuild Kit Help...

So I went to this place,  (http://www.rpmrons.com/Subarukits.html) and it looks like they sell everything I would need to rebuild the EA71 thats sitting in my 78 Brat. Unforunatly when I called them a lot of the parts are no longer available. Does anyone have a lead on a kit that I can buy that has all the engine internals actually in stock? I find it hard to believe you can't buy pistons in the correct sizes anymore. But please, any direction would be appreciated.

You can try here http://www.northernautoparts.com/ECatalogNew.cfm?RequestType=GetParts&ecat_vehicle=1979%20SUBARU%20ALL%20SUBARU%204-1595%201%2E6L&ecat_year=1979&ecat_make=46&ecat_model=1&ecat_engine=4&ecat_category=3&ecat_subcategory=43&ecat_category_name=Engine&ecat_subcategory_name=Pistons%2C%20Oil%20Pumps%20%26%20Block%20Parts

Use to buy parts here for my 1970 ford and other various older vehicles.

It shows they have STD and .020 whether in stock or not I can't say but usually if they have it on the site it is in stock.

They also have a lot of gaskets etc too.

Just giving you somewhere else to maybe look. If it helps great if not sorry!

• 1 month later...

I check ebay almost on a daily basis for parts and kits just in case. Next week its going to my mechanic who will do the fixes to the motor.

I haven't really updated my build thread much in the last few weeks. Keep an eye out this weekend. I'm picking it up from the upholstery shop later today...

Haha true. But this way I'll know that its 100% sound (mechanically). I have plans of driving this little thing all over and I do not want to get stranded. The whole thing is getting done correctly. Originally I was just going to swap the head and be on my way. But on a motor that had over 150k miles, since the motor is coming out anyways, I want it fresh and new. That way I have less possible things to worry about.

• Like 1