Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Nick's 94 Loyale build

nick1208

Hey man

Really dig yer thread! Gotta qwik question, whats the back spacing on the rims you got there? I ve been looking at wheels simular but not sure on what back spacing to go with and yers looks close to what im after.

• Like 1

Hey man

Really dig yer thread! Gotta qwik question, whats the back spacing on the rims you got there? I ve been looking at wheels simular but not sure on what back spacing to go with and yers looks close to what im after.

Thanks!

I assume you mean offset? All I can tell you is the wheels are off an old Ford courier and I'm running 27x8.5x14 tires. Let me know if you want me to measure anything specifically. 

Thanks for the qwik reply, If you look at jegs, summit, or any other one its all done buy back spacing and thats what im tryin to figure out. I guess its probly the same? Not sure ill have to look in to it alittle more. Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

Lots of progress this weekend! Got the dual range in! 
here's a shot before install. 
7juOFIA.jpg

both trannies side by side. dual range on the left.
h9uBEPY.jpg

interior shot. I didn't have to lengthen any linkages, but it does have a rough time going from 4-HI to FWD. Have to get under the car and pry it in. Anyone experienced similar problems? Might have to lengthen the linkage a little?

daC1v1O.jpg

Happy car!

HwjaUdQ.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Learned a valuable lesson today! always put your car back together the right way! ball joint nut came off while driving, ugliest noise I've ever heard. aftermarket arm so there is no hole for a coder pin. My dad ran to the hardware store while my car sat like this and got me a nylon lock so hopefully it won't happen again. 
DWmuat3.jpg

XHHY3im.jpg

Not related to my "build" but felt the need to share. 

• 2 weeks later...

Snorkel done! finally!! Figured out that my problem was that when i took my splash guards out of my wheel well it kicked the water right up into my intake spout next to the washer fluid. Fixed that. 

here you can see how I used a 1 1/2 inch to 2" adapter then ran with 2" tube the rest of the way. 
g8QoHr4.jpg

With fender on
VKQrITD.jpg

beauty queen

Ej2eXeU.jpg

• Like 1

i noticed a lack of power when i put a 2.5" snorkel on my lifted wag. but then i also have a gutless carbed car. so i put a sort of disconnect in the engine bay. when i hit the trail i connect it up. the power loss wasn't too bad but it made the highway even more unpleasant.

i noticed a lack of power when i put a 2.5" snorkel on my lifted wag. but then i also have a gutless carbed car. so i put a sort of disconnect in the engine bay. when i hit the trail i connect it up. the power loss wasn't too bad but it made the highway even more unpleasant.

I'm not really noticing a lack of power, the temp gauge just likes to climb when I'm at 3k rpm on the freeway for awhile. 

Little update. 
snagged these cool corner lights from the junkyard off a turbo car. I haven't seen these before

0JTHhtP.jpg

also got myself a rear diff from skylar and had my friend Matt weld it up. this isnt installed yet.

9ETSLqw.jpg

and i cleaned out my trunk! got rid of my subwoofers and put in a toolbox. I feel much safer now!

iuZB3XM.jpg

Another thing I did was order 2" wheel spacers and they should come soon. It's a bit much but I guess we'll see how they look! 

• Like 1

did you say 2" wheel spacers?. if youre wheels downt sheer studs youll at least be trashing bearings on the regular. think of mounting wheels backwards, same idea.

the corner lights you got are from 85/86 cars, i prefer those as well

btw wagon is looking awesome, glad u found a rad

Edited by Subruise

did you say 2" wheel spacers?. if youre wheels downt sheer studs youll at least be trashing bearings on the regular. think of mounting wheels backwards, same idea.

the corner lights you got are from 85/86 cars, i prefer those as well

btw wagon is looking awesome, glad u found a rad

yup 2". I think I'm going to go with the return option and get some 1". maybe 2" wasnt such a good idea

ya man, im thinkin .5"-.75" max. spacers are usually measured in mm for a reason lol...not supposed to be so wide. besides, ive seen your car, its fine. if anything invest in some wider offset wheels. I know youre tryying to stay in the 14" range but i know theres stuff out there. That way youre depending on less shear points i.e. bolts to stay tight when beating the crap out of em.