Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Nick's 94 Loyale build

nick1208

hope u grabbed my good rad...i do have a bad  one too....i hit tree rallyin with beer....ie dont do that btw gets expensive

1in should be ok but expect bearing life to go down as to what subaruise is sayin 2in will kill them fast and could bend a strut if you come down to hard...did you make fix the leak in the snorkle?

Edited by marcusgl10z28

hope u grabbed my good rad...i do have a bad  one too....i hit tree rallyin with beer....ie dont do that btw gets expensive

1in should be ok but expect bearing life to go down as to what subaruise is sayin 2in will kill them fast and could bend a strut if you come down to hard...did you make fix the leak in the snorkle?

I think I got the good radiator... Hard to tell as of this moment. And I patched up the snorkel in the only spot I didn't seal so if it still leaks I have no clue how it is getting in. Leaving my drain hole open though just in case.

awesome. ya that's the only place i could even guess its getting in. god i hope that works cuz im at a loss if it dosent... and try to kick that last inlet tube more towards the windshield so ya don't get splash back from the rears... i seen a little bit of debris in it last tim i looked...remember?

^ +2 1/4" tube will take 10x more of a beating than any other lift. And i wouldnt cut that C out of the tube to get to the bolt. It weakens the block and is more work. Just me though. I used a box end ratchet to tighten mine up. 

Oh and BTY this is a great build guy! you just need a EJ22 in her! but when you do Let me know when you get ready to do one, i have accuses to cheaper and higher quality adapter plates and can tare down your harness if your not going to do it. Then youll have to come down to Oregon and wheel with me and my crew

Sorry to see the quality of SJR's rear diff plate drop has gone down.. I could have made that for you for free.... 

This was a couple years ago, but he only had me pay 20$ shipped for the one that is advertised... 

422780_2830983532737_749010145_n.jpg

• Like 1

^ +2 1/4" tube will take 10x more of a beating than any other lift. And i wouldnt cut that C out of the tube to get to the bolt. It weakens the block and is more work. Just me though. I used a box end ratchet to tighten mine up. 

Oh and BTY this is a great build guy! you just need a EJ22 in her! but when you do Let me know when you get ready to do one, i have accuses to cheaper and higher quality adapter plates and can tare down your harness if your not going to do it. Then youll have to come down to Oregon and wheel with me and my crew

Sorry to see the quality of SJR's rear diff plate drop has gone down.. I could have made that for you for free.... 

This was a couple years ago, but he only had me pay 20$ shipped for the one that is advertised... 

422780_2830983532737_749010145_n.jpg

thanks! Maybe during college I'll try to EJ swap. It's on my list of things to do. 

Nice senior pics man! Did the photographer "get" the whole lifted subaru thing? Ha. Love it, i wish i would have discovered my love for subarus in high school, i'd probably be on my 19th one and would have a small fleet! Cars looking awesome, keep on rockin.

• Like 1

Nice senior pics man! Did the photographer "get" the whole lifted subaru thing? Ha. Love it, i wish i would have discovered my love for subarus in high school, i'd probably be on my 19th one and would have a small fleet! Cars looking awesome, keep on rockin.

She kept referring to it as my battlewagon because of the sticker i have on the back. reddit.com/r/battlewagon is where that is from. I don't plan on owning much else other than old schools now that I'm into them they're great! and thanks man means a lot! 

A Li'l off-topic, but very kindly let me tell you that I Really Like your "Senior" Pictures,

This one...

...Somehow is the Better example of the Pride you feel from Driving a Car that you Personally have "Built" 

Kind Regards.

thanks. Yeah I get a lot of people turning their heads at school, looking at the kid with mismatched body panels, and the car that makes funny noises. But I love it! no better feeling than walking out to a car you paid for, you built, and when something goes wrong, you know where it is. I believe I'm having more fun with it than the kids at my school who's parents buy them BMW's and they put wheels and coils on it and call it "Built" but hey to each their own. 

• Like 3

Off topic from my build thread but it looks like I'll be attending Washington State University in the fall of 2014! Go cougs. College should be fun but I'm going to miss my car. Not taking it for the first year so I don't have to bum people rides and such.

• Like 1

Hate to bother you. Although the picture was helpful, if you have time can you post actual measurements of that diff plate? Also do the spacers toward the front of the diff get tightened down or do they stay loose? Thank you!

Edited by kirzick
  • Like 1