Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Nick's 94 Loyale build

nick1208

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ya man, im thinkin .5"-.75" max. spacers are usually measured in mm for a reason lol...not supposed to be so wide. besides, ive seen your car, its fine. if anything invest in some wider offset wheels. I know youre tryying to stay in the 14" range but i know theres stuff out there. That way youre depending on less shear points i.e. bolts to stay tight when beating the crap out of em.

You could always look at getting your current rims extended.. Get a lip welded on. there are lots of places that will modify your existing wheels for you.

• 4 months later...

Starting to source parts for my engine swap which will hopefully happen this summer. It's been slow with the wagon since i'm away at school. My ea82 has 193k on it and I can feel the clutch going. Since school is a 6 hour drive away from my house plus it's over the pass I'm going to need to make sure my car is in tip-top shape to make it to school. Kevin has a full 2.2 block and heads he is going to sell me and Marcus can help me with a harness. (hopefully without the ECU in a plastic bag under the hood) I think i'll get an adaptor plate from Anderson Design and Fab. Who has the most helpful and thorough ea82 -> ej22 swap guide? I'm mainly looking for a compilation of pictures from someone who has done the swap and possibly a parts list since I won't have much time to complete the swap I want to get it done avoiding as many problems as possible before I go back to school so I can take my car! 
thanks

Nick

... Who has the most helpful and thorough ea82 -> ej22 swap guide? ...

Numbchux wrote an Awesome writeup on the Subject,

Here you'll find a download Link for the file:

~► http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/122276-the-bumble-beast/page-5?do=findComment&comment=1212255

Among other interesting files...

Kind Regards.

• Like 1

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/150596-ej22-swap-added-wiring-diagrams/?do=findComment&comment=1267992

Here is the link to the paperwork i gave sumoco for his EJ swap, these pieces of paper were priceless to me when i did both of my swaps. Especially the wiring print that explained where the grey diode goes that has all of the colored lines, that was the missing link on my last swap that i had forgot about!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So I was just recently back on spring break and I was driving my car along the freeway and this happened:

c0jmxSb.jpg

WhOWlUn.jpg

Wheel just fell off on the freeway. The axle twisted itself apart and broke. Split the drum in half and the hub, bolted to the wheel, fell off and rolled about 300 feet from where the car slid to a stop. Luckily no one was hurt or effected by the wheel. 

IAC1TF4.jpg

Gave me a good excuse to drill the rear disks that were laying around my garage and install disks. Huge difference in breaking speeds. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...