Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Loyale lift

IMHO Homemade is the way to go. It will cost you about a third of a shelf bought kit and you can have the pride of knowing its built, not bought. Plus if you ever go to sell it, you can probably get your money back if you put some quality into it. 

If your 2 inch is positive cambered, you just might need new blocks, they should sit at almost zero camber. 

Josh

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

http://m.oreillyauto.com/mt/www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/MON8/58643.oap?ck=Search_58643_-1_3716&keyword=58643

Dont know if these are stiff enough they do fit 2005+ ford f150 they are the longest monroe coil over 10.15/16" of travel stocking item too these would need a new upper mount

These are stock

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/MONM/71268/03415.oap?year=1989&make=Subaru&model=DL&vi=1268119&ck=Search_C0077_1268119_3716&pt=C0077&ppt=C0035

These are 3" longer and 2" more travel than stock but should bolt on in place of stock

http://m.oreillyauto.com/mt/www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/MON8/58551/03415.oap?year=1973&make=Chevrolet&model=Camaro&vi=1034930&ck=Search_C0077_1034930_3716&pt=C0077&ppt=C0035

That is untested however I feel it should im buying the longer ones anyway if some one wants to test fit them on a car and I have the ones with the pins on my pinto and it lifted it very nicely

Edited by apintonut

4 inch I believe to keep the axels as close to the stock geometry.. The 2 inch I have now is all suspension and it seems to ride on its toes \. / looking for a good solid complete kit

Highguyslift.com  - just ordered a lift from these guys myself.  They offer a 3" and a 4" that are "full drop" thus keeping all geometry at stock angles.  To my knowledge, SJR doesn't offer such a kit.  All of his kits stress axles 1" over stock geometry.   I went with the 3" full drop as my 88 GL spends 90% on the pavement.  Gloyale is the guy to contact if you are interested in the highguyslift - from my experience, it may take him a bit of time to get back to you - but he will and can answer any questions you have about their stuff.  Only down fall is that they are made to order,  as are SJR kits.  Highguys are currently waiting on steel to produce my strut toppers  :(   I will follow up with quality of construction etc when it arrives...   

Edited by nkmilesAE95