Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1987 Subaru GL Coupe: Where can I buy parts?

I have a 1987 GL Coupe. It's a fun car, but, finding parts is hard. When I bought it, the passenger side tail light was cracked, which was okay. The driver's side tail light, as of about 2 hours ago, was broken because I was having too much fun on a snowy road and I may have bounced it off a tree. No real dent, didn't scratch the paint, just broke the signal lens off. (The actual brake light is fine, just the orange bit is missing). I'd really like to replace it, but, I can't find this easily. If someone knows where I can buy one or will sell me one, I'd be very happy!

Is it possible to use the lights from a sedan instead? Even with a little modification? Or that definitely a no-go?

Edited by Bekokatt

For body parts, your only real source of OEM body and non-wear parts are the wreckers. In the PNW, you're in EA82 heaven.

car-part.com is the largest, multi-yard seach tool out there. While half the yards can't keep their inventory straight enough to be reliable, there's a chance someone will have what you're looking for...