Ultimate Subaru Message Board

If you've sought parts from my stash ....

And AGAIN , I'm trying with THIS post thread to reach out to those who over the last couple of years have been in contact with me where I neglected to come through with parts and wheels I said I had but simply could not get to.

I do appreciate that you new folks have needs and know your money is the same color.

But please - given the title - allow me to reconnect with some folks who've already been hoping for certain items.

Thanks.

Have to check on door card but probably no Brat.

• 2 months later...

I guess I'm one of the guys who was looking for parts in the past.  My fault though, I told you no rush back in Oct...2011.  Guess I'd better get working on that Brat again. I was looking for a windshield for a '78 Brat.  Shipping would be to 58265.  Not sure what the weather is like there now but we just got caught in another cold snap, its -10F, if its like that there wait for some warmer weather.  Thanks.

Yeah. It was warm yesterday but is dropping again. I barely got to storage to hunt for headrests etc. but had too little time to mess around there. I'll get back there this coming week after the cold snap. They're calling for snow Tuesday but either way I'll get back by the end of the week.

I'm sure I have a windshield for you. Boxing it up will be fun. ;)

The last time I shipped a windshield I went to a bodyshop to see if they had any boxes left from windshields.  They had one they were going to install so they cut it carefully and gave me the box.  It has foam and is double thick cardboard, plus it has all the factory labels on it for glass.  It made it without damage, just a thought.  The Brat is still buried in a snowbank so you have some time. :) 

Hi Moosens,

Any chance you have a set of good condition jackman wheels from the 70's? It's pretty much the only thing left to complete the look of my 78 Brat. Apologies as I'm pretty sure I've asked the same people on this forum the same questions multiple times. I can't remember who I've asked.

Edited by spicypeanut

rv , thanks I will try the locals !

sp , I do have flat spoke 70's Jackmans. Good for strip and coat. Very fine condition just want to freshen them. I really should go through my PM's since I'm pretty sure you'd be third in line, maybe second.

Sorry to make folks drool but a also have a new in boxes set of four that are for a future restoration. Those have the flying saucer center caps with them so I'd only sell at gunpoint. Lol

I'm pretty sure I have good used center caps for those Jackmans. They've also shown up on eBay at times.

Look for an update or ask near the end of the week if I don't post by then.

I spoke with you earlier this year about some cylinder heads, but I found some in FL. Thanks for the offer though. I am also looking for a good pair of the black plastic triangle vent trim pieces. Would you happen to have any in storage?

Thanks again.

• Like 1

General note to all, very sorry for my delay. It's all due to work and family. Just very busy with both. Working typically seven days a week with the main job and much work secondary. Also trying to finish a room for my daughter.

Hang in there and trust me I really need to blow out storage and just get items out that I will probably never get to use.

Hope to bring items to you folks waiting very soon. And as luck would have it after this drawn out winter we're supposed to get rain all weekend which hurts the storage effort.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...