Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Just First Generation Subaru Photos!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Im second owner of my 76 4 door dl got it 100% original for a 100 dollar bill. Currently gettin complete resto

nice 74-76 Leone in Vista Blue....

with beautiful wheels and trims....

excellent project....

the roof baggage stand was original,optional or aftermarket equippment???

Edited by 1000 Pistes

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

In the past three months my 1977 wagon has come a long way. Look three posts up in this thread to see where I started! It's undergone some cutting and filling of rust holes, a new paint job, coaxing the old engine back into running shape, and it's registered and street legal for the first time since 1984. I've been daily driving it for the last week and it's great. This weekend I installed a Weber and an MSD ignition. I'm still trying to track down the cause of a part-throttle miss/stumble and occasional backfire; I'm hoping that will be solved once I've tracked down all the vacuum leaks and get a new exhaust built, the current exhaust is rusted through and falling apart in many places. And I've got a few boxes with new brake parts ready to go on when I have the time, plus I still have some aftermarket wheels in the plans.

43506646025_814e9bf6f6_b.jpgFirst time on the road by Jason Ahrns, on Flickr

43506645265_f833a12385_b.jpgFirst time on the road by Jason Ahrns, on Flickr

43506644605_db5d38827b_b.jpgFirst time on the road by Jason Ahrns, on Flickr

43506643705_d73615c0c2_b.jpgFirst time on the road by Jason Ahrns, on Flickr

• Like 2

12 hours ago, musubk said:

I hope nobody minds if I start posting a lot in this thread now

30775632458_5421e53706_b.jpg

first stage Subaru's are pretty rare now a days, i definetly don't mind, love the grille, and i'd much better see 100 pictures of an early Subie than another common picture of some BRZ, or WRX.

also did you paint it yourself?

Edited by Subasaurus

9 hours ago, Subasaurus said:

first stage Subaru's are pretty rare now a days, i definetly don't mind, love the grille, and i'd much better see 100 pictures of an early Subie than another common picture of some BRZ, or WRX.

also did you paint it yourself?

I did paint it myself, my first time painting a car. I was expecting it to be not so good but it came out pretty nice.

13 hours ago, HawaiiBrat said:

Got pics of your engine bay? How do you like the MSD ignition?

I don't really have any good engine bay pics yet, I still have a few hoses left over from the Weber swap that I need to take care of, and clean everything in there up, then I'll get some good shots of it.

It's a lot easier to cold start now with the MSD installed. I used to have to crank it for 10 seconds, now it turns over almost instantly. I'm not sure how much it really helped beyond that. I had issues with misfiring under load and I think the MSD helped a little there, but the Weber made the biggest difference there. Cleaning and rebuilding the stock carb probably would have helped a lot too, but I decided to just go for the Weber.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

^^^that's a pretty coupe...

I had my hubs redrilled to 4x114 and fit these Enkei Apache II wheels, along with a set of the smallest Blizzaks that Bridgestone sells. So that's a 15x7 wheel with 38mm offset , and 185/55r15 tires. They seem to fit but it's pretty tight on the inside edge of the rear. I've got some 14mm spacers I can throw on the rear if I have problems but I'm going to see if I can get by without them.

45571640251_470542928f_b.jpgWagon build log 30 by Jason Ahrns, on Flickr

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

1970 Subarus - What generation?

Subarus were first imported to the US in about 1970.  They were basically a micro-car that were narrow enough that they fit in the back of a standard pickup bed, width-wise.  Of course they hung out behind an 8 foot pickup bed.  If the mid 70's are condiered First generation, what are the first ones called?

The 360 series here in the USA and I guess several markets. It failed here so they quickly supplied a boxer engined , slightly larger and totally awesome ff-1 series , given other names in various markets. Star as they were called. That lasted just a few years before the “Leone” series which was here in the USA around 1972. There are overlaps if each series into the others. 

1972-77 Stage One is part one of the First Generation as we refer to them. 1977 Stage two through 1979 cars would be part two of the first gen. Brat is the same generation through 1981. 

Next model cars begin 1980

Next model Brat begins 1982

usa 

• Like 1