Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Trailing arms

If I buy 2 left ( driver side ) trailing arms, can it put one on the right side ( passenger side ). I have been looking for a right side trailing arm, but they stopped making them. So I'm wondering if I can put a left on it, cause it seems to be mirrored. And can't really see mush of a difference between the two.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Or if anyone knows where one might be hiding....

Thanks ahead of time.

86 brat, rear trailing arm.

The arm that holds the wheelbearing/hub?  That would be the radius arm technically.  And these cannot be swapped side to side....they are R/L specific.

If you mean the actual rear trailing arm.....which is flat, with 3 holes, and has the Torsion bar inserted into it's end..........Then yes, they are the same side to side. which would explain why they only list one.

What is it you are trying to fix by replacing these?

Edited by Gloyale

Seems they have many different names, online at Subaru sites they were called trailing arm ( right, left ) here in this manual ( Chilton ) it's called inner control arm, and Haynes repair manual called it the inner suspension arm.

But both my left and right had rust holes in them, and I was going to weld them to patch the holes, but I probed around a bit and found them completely rusted out internally.

So I bought a left ( driver) side trailing- inner suspension arm- inner control arm, but still need to replace the right (passenger) side.