Ultimate Subaru Message Board

00-04 LGT rear caliper interchange & 5MT clutch master cyl interchange

I can't find anywhere if the rear calipers between the LGT with vented rotors are interchangeable with the ones from the standard Legacy or Baja that use solid rear rotors. I don't have either to make a comparison, and I'm not sure if the difference of the rotor thickness is so great that it matters that much. This is for a brake upgrade on my '98 OBW that has several bad calipers, gotta replace 'em so I'm taking the time to upgrade while I'm at it with LGT rear calipers/rotors and WRX front calipers/rotors.

Also, while I'm at it, what clutch masters are able to interchange? I was looking at a used master from an 02-05 WRX and it looks almost identical to the one in my '98 OBW. I need to replace my master because the one I purchased as a replacement is a piece of crap and the price of a new OEM one is ridiculous.

If you're OBW came with 15" rims you may be limited in front caliper size, 15" wheels won't clear larger front brakes. if you're 16"  you're golden.

Almost all Subaru brakes are interchangeable, so you should be able to buy whatever you want and bolt them right up if you get the caliper brackets and complete assemblies to go with it.  here's one of the better starting points for brake questions like this:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1265631

unsure on master cylinder, but as long as it has the same number/size outputs it should be golden.

they may have difference electrical plugs too for the "low level" or brake light in the dash sensor thing.

I checked that thread, but there's no mention of the 00-04 LGT rear brakes, just standard legacy or 05+ LGT.

The master cyl is for the clutch, not the brakes. They look interchangeable, but not having one in my hand to compare with my car doesn't help.

LGT with vented rotors, require 16" rims.

Brackets etc will fit, but new pad type also.

Go to http://opposedforces.com/parts and after you get to the part number, click on it then go to usage information. It'll tell you what other cars used that part. Even then, sometimes there is a different part number because of a mfg change, but still interchanges.

Try your local auto store and see what they have for interchange.

O.