Ultimate Subaru Message Board

wanna get dirty?

marcusgl10z28

i live in tacoma and have a few friends i wheel with. i dont know many lifted guys but chime in if yur willing to break yur car please dont be the guy thats afraid of a scratch or ding... ive got a nice spot around ft lewis... very steep long hill climbs, mud, rocks and dirt roads... its good fun. chime in if ya wanna come.. lookin at this weekend sunday. bring whatever you want thanks

marcus

My biddies and i call it the pipline.. its ft lewis area thurston co near rainier... my intake is still opend up and the poor girl had a little to much to drink wading the tank trap... I'm gonn try and figure that out Saturday... I mainly just gotta do some welding to fix her up. Will have a time later on tomorrow.

I've got a pull rig just in case but he needs diesel money... looking try and scrounge up about 20 bucks so he can make it... anyone willing to donate???. I've got abot half for him.. very good friend of mine and Id love for him to make it...

this is really just a have fun kinda trip its not extreme stuff. Stock is fine just steer clear of deep ruts and water..and keep in mind you will probably rub ground this is mainly so wa can all get to know each other and hopefully make this kind of stuff more common... cuz its so frickin fun!!..

northcoast probably knows more exteme stuff than I do but this is the area I grew up in and mud and horsepower and oil is in the blood and part of me... this not a huge deal but its a good chance to hang out and have some fun without going overboard.

Looking forward to seeing you guys out there... and anyone who wants to photograph??... pics for the board are awsome and if you got a gopro please bring it

Marcus

Edited by marcusgl10z28

So Marcus and I were the only ones to show up then his friend Josh was added along the way to the pipeline.  Nothing super technical but there was a few hill climbs and DEEP mud holes that you could push the car to the limits if you wanted to. Lots of areas available for high speed off road hoonin' which I've been craving lately. I didn't take as many pics as I would have like nor as much video since I couldn't find the charger for my GoFaux. Only two phone vids and a couple of pics.  Some of the hardest stuff we didn't get to until right before dark so you wouldn't be able to seen anything anyway.

Marcus splashing his way down the pipeline road.

Josh taking the 'burb through a tank trap.

I really wanted to do the tank trap but without a snorkel it wasn't an option.  I had already sucked in some water, destroying a paper air filter, going through a fairly deep puddle coming down the pipeline road. Luckily Marcus had a spare filter and after a quick trail mod I was able to keep going. 

Besides the usually fixes of having to tighten down all my bolts, I need to replace my rear diff bushings, adjust my lateral links in the rear, and make sure the intake, IAC, and throttle body are clean.  A snorkle is also on the list for improvements.

Here's Marcus and I posed up on some obstacles before we got too muddy.

IMAG0454.jpg

IMAG0450.jpg

All in all it was great time. Almost every where we went a stock subie could go but there was definitely enough obstacles available to keep a modified Subaru entertained.  Can't wait to go back. Hopefully next time we can get a bigger turn out.

had a good time sufferd no bad damage this round i really need to figure out where i put my ecu as im terified of where its at. my only damge was a bent muff and kevins wagon was a little thirsty

xyTRy9F.jpg

qkurz61.jpg

DWiml46.jpg

VYNMn7x.jpg

next day after i got to work didnt realize how dirty it was wish we went there first.

myx5bPI.jpg

we werea all very busy having alot of fun so not alot of pis were taken i have a few vids ill put up but wanna go through it all first.

Edited by marcusgl10z28