Ultimate Subaru Message Board

tahuya orv park trip jan 18

marcusgl10z28

Just what the title says. Trip to tahuya orv park jan 18 Ill be at the yelm safeway at 7:30am and leaving to belfair.. feel free to meet up at the belfair safeway at 9 am... noones gonna wait up its a tight schedule. Txt me about it anytime.. be prepaired for jeep trails. Bring a spare tire and food. 3606886645

Edited by marcusgl10z28

Tahuya doesn't really have any Jeep trails. There's a gnarly rock hill climb, but the rest of it's pretty mellow. A good place to break in your Subie. Be careful in the mud hole not to swamp your stuff. A cool simple way to get thru the water hole is to wrap a red rag around the end of your air intake. This will stop the water once. Have fun.

• Like 1

I ain't no vet but I've been wheeling since befor I had a license. Noone wanted to go so noone went. I didn't even go.. wish people were as pumped to get out as I am... ill be trying to set up a trip to elbe hills next month... id love to see a larger turnout of soobs cuz I wheel with much larger rigs jeeps sammys and other lifted rigs and I'm almost always the only soob... recent thanks to kevin and nick for making truck owners envy the soobs. I wish more guys or gals could make it out.

Marcus

It was still a good day.  Since both of our Saturday plans got scrapped, Marcus and I went to the junkyard and picked up some much needed parts. Plus I scored a set of brand new slotted rotors and fresh pads.

exbauer you may not want to take out that brand new Forester on the trails unless you don't mind scratches and dents.  Tahuya would be ok for the most part and the Pipeline but other than that we typically beat the crap out of our cars and take some body damage along the way. 

Edited by NorthCoast

Are there any trails in WA that you recommend? I am itching to get my Forester dirty. I guess my options are dirt roads for the time being.

I am thinking Forture Creek Trail to Gallagher Head Lake when the snow melts. That trail seems pretty tame.

• 2 weeks later...