Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82T heads for dual webers?

so ive been looking into dependability of my ea82t, and was wondering if anyone has ever used the ea82t dual intake mpfi heads for a dual 2 barrel carb set up

obviously would require mods to distributor and fuel system, but would it be worth the conversion for the dependability of being carbed instead of turbocharged

The MPFI heads crack in the exhaust ports.  The heads are the downfall of these engines.  And 175eya is right, it's a turbo motor still so you'd need to change pistons, and exhaust manifold.

Better off using an NA engine w/ a carb(s)

Or just EJ it.

• Like 1

i mean full swap to natural aspiration (dual headers, spfi cams, spfi pistons) was thinking mpfi heads because two 2 barrel webers would go perfect with the divided intake ports

even just using the dual port intake mpfi heads on a carbed ea82 so that each cylinder would have its own carb barrel

i have 87 RX that im keeping turbo and was gonna experiment with ea82t in my 87 GL 

i know its a lot of modding and fab work but would be dependable and awesome if entirely possible

are the webers same function each barrel ? I thought they were primary and secondary, so if you left thm split as it sounds you want, one pot gets fed, until secondary opens up and feed the other ??

Great idea though, just an adaptor so both ports benefit from the weber each side, check for bonnet clearance and coolant flow.

Try it !

Try to find some webers from an Alfa Romeo Alfasud Sprint, The Coupe they came with a nice compact set of IDF type webers dual downdraft equal size throttle bodies 32 mm from memory so should be a perfect conversion carb setup.

They are quite compact so should do the job nicely, Just have to make up some manifolds and for a one off I would make them out of steel.

Search google images for Alfasud Sprint Webers and you will find them.