Ultimate Subaru Message Board

20k Subaru engine

monstaru

• 5 months later...

I can't find the damn link now. :banghead: It was a drunken find anyway. I thought I put the link in when I started the thread.DOH!

And yeah Chux, 500hp is cheaper than that. But you know when the boost goes up it gets really expensive. lol

I will keep looking for the link.

cheers

edit: here it is

http://www.outfrontmotorsports.com/400hp_setup.htm

Edited by monstaru

Ah, yea. Outfront does some phenomenal work when it comes to using Subaru motors in.....anything really.

The key to that price tag, is this, "Outfront turn-key motors include the motor, adapter with flywheel, computer, fuel pump, air cleaner, and wiring harness ready to install in your car"

I'm pretty sure they come with Exhaust and turbo, as well. Designed to be used in a buggy (with the turbo mounted in "front" of the engine like that).

As much as I like subarus it would be cheaper and easier to build a rotary to that power,to say nothing of swapping in a supercharged LSX.

As usual....you've missed the point.

It'd be cheaper to build a Subaru motor to that, yourself. But that's not what they're offering. Complete kit. Install, turn the key, haul rump roast. Only thing that would be easier, would be another air cooled VW engine.....which will not be anywhere near 400hp

Its funny when you type "4wd" while pressing shift you get "$WD".Seems kinda fitting.

no shitt sherlock. thanks captain obvious.

The whole point to things like that is to let them go, and have others figure it out for themselves.

Edited by monstaru
  • Like 1